Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: HBO MAX is coming??

@JohnRFallon wrote:

That does help to use screen mirror. Thanks!

You are welcome, glad it worked. If I set it up in case the Chromecast stops working. I'm glad I just wished I would have found that before digging through storage to find my Chromecast.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be compatible with idevices. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@Canofwtf wrote:

Unfortunately, it seems to only work with android and Samsung but there should be a way to mirror Google home to an iphone? I don't know because I stopped using anything apple device when they wouldn't update my iPad anymore and wanted me to buy a new one. No thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

@lonewriter wrote:

@Canofwtf wrote:

Unfortunately, it seems to only work with android and Samsung but there should be a way to mirror Google home to an iphone? I don't know because I stopped using anything apple device when they wouldn't update my iPad anymore and wanted me to buy a new one. No thank you.

You're going to end up having a lot of issues with screen mirroring video (not casting I'm talking about). I noticed that the frame rate is usually very choppy, and also you have to see your whole entire phone screen. Then when you screen mirror you're unable to use the phone for anything including making a phone call because it would take over the screen rather than the video still playing like when you cast. Which by the way this is something that I've notice for a long time in general with any streaming service when trying to screen mirror. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had HBO Now app on my iPhone and Android Tablet.  When my apps updated, it automatically changed to HBO Max.  My Roku TV and Roku 3 didn't update and when I search for it, it's not available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

@v015eyjd wrote:

I had HBO Now app on my iPhone and Android Tablet.  When my apps updated, it automatically changed to HBO Max.  My Roku TV and Roku 3 didn't update and when I search for it, it's not available.

Correct. HBO Max is not available on Roku. HBO has the Roku app ready to go but Roku won’t allow it. Presumably, Roku wants something (money) from HBO. It is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Looking for Samsung and Sony TV deals now and using Chromecast temporarily - can't believe how greedy Roku has gotten.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm sticking with screen mirroring for the time being. But if Google's new Android TV dongle launches before Roku gets this worked out, I may go that route.

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-android-tv-dongle-remote-ui/amp/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@j_m_ wrote:

@v015eyjd wrote:

Correct. HBO Max is not available on Roku. HBO has the Roku app ready to go but Roku won’t allow it. Presumably, Roku wants something (money) from HBO. It is ridiculous.

Roku doesn't make money off it's hardware, it does so through deals with streaming services. If you want Roku to remain in existence and free to use then deals like this need to be made. The wait is ridiculous though, this should have all been worked out well before launch.

Highlighted
Level 9

This ROKU & AMAZON DEVICES..is two most poplar & BIGGEST cord cutting devices in the WORLD & they are working on it as we speak, IMPOSSIBLE just gets cuts out, I'm in same both  signed up for $12 a month for year thing they have & stick it up my end & I'm pissed, BUT Just be patient & gives the time till end of the month , i am pretty sure, gonna shows up in ROKU or On fire!    

0 Kudos