Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HBO GO

I currently subscribe to HBO on Spectrum and have enjoyed using the HBOGO app on the Roku platform. As o July 31, 2020, HBO has decided to shut down the HBOGO platform...I would like to know if subscribing to HBO on Roku, will cost users who already subscribe through another carrier?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: HBO GO

@scleo72 wrote:

I currently subscribe to HBO on Spectrum and have enjoyed using the HBOGO app on the Roku platform. As o July 31, 2020, HBO has decided to shut down the HBOGO platform...I would like to know if subscribing to HBO on Roku, will cost users who already subscribe through another carrier?

You would be paying twice. They are still negotiating and hopefully soon you will be able to install the HBO Max app on your Roku and use your Spectrum credentials to log in.

FYI. July 31, 2020 is when the HBO GO app will no longer be available on streaming platforms to install. I read an article that included comments from an AT&T executive that stated 'some subscribers' would still be able to authenticate their log in with HBO GO through August 31, 2020. I am guessing this gives them (AT&T and Roku) more negotiating time.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos