Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JusMe
Level 7

Global Requires a Provider?

Brand new Roku and a super-newbie at it.

Just got set up and tried to connect to Global television.  It gives me a code and then says to go to a Global site to log in with that code.  But then I'm required to choose a provider.  I don't have one.

Now what do I do?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JusMe
Level 7

Re: Global Requires a Provider?

Not to worry now.  As it was taking too long and too much of an effort at retrying and retrying, as a brand new product, I was able to get a return label and am sending it back to the store.  Maybe I'll find something else that works for me.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 14

Re: Global Requires a Provider?

You probably need to check with the content provider about this.  Some are primarily in the cable/satellite business and only have streaming so their regular customers can access them when they are away from the TV.  Others allow you to make an account directly with them for streaming only.

0 Kudos