Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpotterreno
Level 7

Frequently having to sign in

My former (3 years ago) Roku unit was flawless, easier than cable. This year I moved and bought the latest stick. Most every channel I subscribe to now asks for the sign-in process each day I try to watch it. Honestly its beginning to be not worth the hassle. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Frequently having to sign in

@jpotterreno 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more and then authenticating the channel with your credentials.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MrD1
Level 7

Re: Frequently having to sign in

I have the same issue of frequent sign in requirements (twice daily) for each HGTV Go & Food Network Go.  I followed the “corrective” procedure - deleted each channel, did a system update, re-installed each channel, signed in again for each channel which worked until that evening - and then the same sign in request was required for each channel.  Not only do I have to sign in, I have to delete & reinstall the channels each time to get them to work.  When I first select the channel, I get a box that says “Content Available to viewers who receive HGTV as part of their pay TV Subscription”.   Can’t get past this box without deleting the channel & reinstalling it. Any ideas?

0 Kudos