Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Free month of HBO access? All I'm getting is a week

Jump to solution

It depends on the movie and show.  Not all HBO content are free.  You have to just click and check.  For example McMillions is free.  You will see the option to play for free without subscription.  Access through he Roku channel

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It depends on the movie and show.  Not all HBO content are free.  You have to just click and check.  For example McMillions is free.  You will see the option to play for free without subscription

access through Roku channel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any update on this?

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Free HBO GO and HBO NOW Promotional Content on Roku?

Jump to solution

I followed all the steps and watched the first 3 episodes of The Soprano's. When we tried to watch episode 4 it would not allow us to watch it and we then notices that not all of the episodes were free. It clearly says in all the advertising including what is on Roku that this should be free for all episodes. Why are they not available?!?

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Personally I think it's odd that the free content can't be viewed using the HBO Now channel since it can with the app from Apple TV or Android. Needing to access it through an entirely different channel no less searching for specific content is silly. 

Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Tanner et. al:

I've tried every which way and I still cannot get any free content.

Like others, I just get the menu wanting me to sign up for the 7-day free trial.

I have tried via HBO NOW and Roku Channel (via my Roku box). I search for say The Sopranos. No joy.

HELP

Mel

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Tanner...You have to open the Roku Channel, scroll to the search icon, then enter a program like Sopranos. When you see it to the right, you'll notice it will say Free episodes then click on it. I haven't actually watched any since I've seen all the episodes and the free movies listed from other sites are lame. But HBO's movie catalog has dwindled severely over the years which is why I stopped paying for it. Hope that helps.

Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Jon:

That's exactly what I do. It only says 1st episode is free.

Mel

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

500 HOURS OF FREE STREAMING CONTENT;

I want to see what is available on HBO free to stream. I don't want to use Roku app to search for ???

I don't know what I want to watch. I am searching for something to watch.

ROKU. just make HBO go app work like it does on everybody else's platform

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

YES, it's working now.

Thanks

Mel