Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uplander
Level 7

FandangoNow - Movie Store

FandangoNow disappeared from my ROKU menu. It is listed in Streaming Channels, but 'Can't Add' when I try to add it.
What's up? I have hundreds of dollars of Movies and shows that I own.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 10

Re: FandangoNow - Movie Store

Is it that it's not showing up on the side menu, you think its not working? Look for it at the end of you channels. I have two 3810 stick+ where its on the side menu, but a third where its among the rest of channels. All have the same build.
0 Kudos
Uplander
Level 7

"Tivoburkee" wrote:
Is it that it's not showing up on the side menu, you think its not working? Look for it at the end of you channels. I have two 3810 stick+ where its on the side menu, but a third where its among the rest of channels. All have the same build.

It has moved to the 'Streaming Channels' menu, but when I try to 'Add' it says it can't add
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Just looked at my Roku TV, and Fandango is listed on the left menu as Movie Store by Fandango. Directly below it says TV Store by Fandango. So it's not shown as a separate channel with the others. Might see if it's there for you. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
davidN
Level 7

Just upgraded from Roku 3 to the Ultra, Fandangonow store appears on the left side menu for about 10 seconds, then it goes off.  Was told in other forums to browse at my channel lists then go back on the Home menu again but it still doesn't appear, I need to restart my Roku and click on it before the countdown is over to access it again.  

Any help on this would be appreciated since it's no longer available on the channel store.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"davidN" wrote:
Just upgraded from Roku 3 to the Ultra, Fandangonow store appears on the left side menu for about 10 seconds, then it goes off.  Was told in other forums to browse at my channel lists then go back on the Home menu again but it still doesn't appear, I need to restart my Roku and click on it before the countdown is over to access it again.  

Any help on this would be appreciated since it's no longer available on the channel store.

A few questions that can help narrow down the cause of the issue. First, are you in the United States? That is, actually in the U.S.A. and not just using a VPN that says you are?

If so, now about your model number. Or where you got your Roku Ultra. The suffix on the model number means the distribution channel. That is, where the boxes were shipped when they left the factory. Does your Ultra have an "RW" suffix? Or, if not, did you buy it from Walmart?

The reason is that devices sold through Walmart (the RW devices) usually (if not always) have a slightly different software build. The Movie Store and TV Store option isn't available for those. That means the built-in Fandango Now isn't in that build.

If not Walmart/RW device, go to Settings > Home Screen and look at the options there. One should be Movie Store and TV Store. Is it there? If so, is it set to Show?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
davidN
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"davidN" wrote:

A few questions that can help narrow down the cause of the issue. First, are you in the United States? That is, actually in the U.S.A. and not just using a VPN that says you are?

If so, now about your model number. Or where you got your Roku Ultra. The suffix on the model number means the distribution channel. That is, where the boxes were shipped when they left the factory. Does your Ultra have an "RW" suffix? Or, if not, did you buy it from Walmart?

The reason is that devices sold through Walmart (the RW devices) usually (if not always) have a slightly different software build. The Movie Store and TV Store option isn't available for those. That means the built-in Fandango Now isn't in that build.

If not Walmart/RW device, go to Settings > Home Screen and look at the options there. One should be Movie Store and TV Store. Is it there? If so, is it set to Show?

Hi DBDukes,

It's all good now, It's a little weird but all good now, there was no changes made on the settings, the movie store will disappear from the menu, i'll browse my channels and go back to the menu and it's back there, this time permanently.
I only did updates no new s/w was pushed except some new channels.
Thanks for your help, it's appreciated. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
gwdinri
Level 7

Check your model number.  They are sending out units purchased directly from Roku with the RW at the end.
I will admit they are replacing mine but who knows how many are out there.
My purchase was in March 2019.
0 Kudos