Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Error RLP-1004

Jump to solution

Check your Network Discovery setting, you can turn network sharing on or off.  This solved the error for me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Error RLP-1004

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's specific error codes, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. You can visit Spectrums support page regarding error codes here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/troubleshooting-error-codes-spectrum-tv-app-spectrumtvcom/

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

WTH are network discovery settings?  Spectrum Internet went out last night for a few hours and when it came back on we have the basic local channels, but all of the well most of the cable channels get the error RLP 1004.  I’ve checked our connection, reset the modem, reset the Roku, checked the network, system update. I do not find a network discovery setting. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes we too are having this same exact issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue! Just noticed it this morning. Local channels work but no cable channels. Seeing there’s 3 of us, I’m betting this will resolve itself. Something on Spectrum’s end...

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

That’s the first thing I did when i turned it on this morning. Nope. 
thanks anyway. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just tried all that and unfortunately nothing. Local channel fine. As soon as I tried TNT I get the error messsge. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Not working here either. Locals are fine, we shouldn't have to reset any settings. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Local channels work. No cable. I've uninstalled the Spectrum app and reinstalled. Restarted Roku. Nothing seems to resolve the problem. I'm new to Roku. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I also contacted but was still on hold after 30 minutes, so I hung up With the assumption that maybe they were overwhelmed with calls due to the situation.  Anyone else able to get through?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Where is this?  Please give more details.  I uninstalled the spectrum app and reinstalled.  That solved it for 3 minutes then the error message came up again.

0 Kudos