Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fearless
Level 7

Error 0066

Attempting to use the oxygen, NBC, A&E apps, I keep getting error 0066 . I have tried unplugging the Roku, checking for updates , restarting, signing out and getting a new code, nothing is working.  It shows that I am linked with my DirecTV.  How can I fix this please?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Error 0066

@Fearless 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you trying to watch these channels separately or are you trying to view all of these within a specific channel?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
azjewel
Level 7

I'm getting the same Error when trying to watch Msnbc.  

Selected NBC

Selected Networks

Selected MSNBC

Selected Msnbc live

Azjewel

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@azjewel 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the message you are seeing? Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lifewith3dogs
Level 7

This is still an issue. I have the same thing. It shows I'm logged in with directv and I get same error

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Lifewith3dogs 

Thanks for the post.

Have you contacted the channel provider support directly to inquire further? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Klantk
Level 7

Same here. This support page is ridiculous. No phone help available, and all I'm seeing here is questioning puting people off.

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 11

My experience has been that Error 0066 (No account returned from UPDA), was displayed when my cable subscription expired and I attempted to access a channel which required one.

I assume that yours is still active?

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Murrow
Level 7

@Lifewith3dogs wrote:

This is still an issue. I have the same thing. It shows I'm logged in with directv and I get same error

I had same problem on A&E app. Sign out of tv provider then back in with code it sends you on the web address .finally it worked

0 Kudos
Murrow
Level 7

Sighn out of tv provider by options and go to website it shows you on your phone and send code that it gave you on the tv.That's it .took me awhile to figure that error 0066: no account returned from upda sometimes you just have to update your tv provider.

0 Kudos