Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i4dat
Level 7

Disney + now available to my region but no channel on TCL Roku TV

Good day, I'm hoping someone has some insight into this issue.

I live in the Bahamas and fall into the Latin American/Caribbean Market, and we normally have challenges with content being available outside of the US.

Disney+ was one of these services that was not available in the past, but they have now added us to their list of countries that the service is available beginning in the month of November 2020.

I've signed up and paid for my first month today, only to find that Disney + is not available on the channel lists of my TCL TV (Model# 55S405).  

How can we let the TCL/Roku people in charge of Geoblocking channels/content know that Disney+ is now available to our region, so that they can unblock it so that we can install the channel?

Tags (1)
10 Replies
jliriano
Level 7

Re: Disney + now available to my region but no channel on TCL Roku TV

I have the same exact problem!

0 Kudos
yevinorion
Level 7

Same exact problem here. Can get the app fine on any of my other devices (apple tv, firestick, tablets/phones), the only one I can't is the Roku TV. I've tried contacting their support, they stick to the line that it's not currently available in our region even though that is blatantly not true.

I mean it actually specifically lists us, among all the other countries added, right here in this help article.

I saw from some other posts that the Roku support was telling people to contact the channel provider, so I did contact Disney+ and they said they will look into it...fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
wannawatchrk
Level 7

I am in the USA and have the same problem. I get Disney Plus just fine on my Samsung TV with Firestick, but on my TCL Roku TV (Model 32S355) no way. First - there is no Search function to even type and spell "Disney" among any searches - only the pre-indexed search by categories. Second, when going to the "Movies and TV" section of the pre-indexed search, there is no Disney Plus. Third - Disney Plus doesn't even show up in the Roku Channel Store as both Disney plus Help and Roku Help suggest and publish on their respective websites.   So what is this? No Disney Plus on these respective TCL Roku models, or are we missing a solution? #DisneyPlus #TCLRokuTV32S355 #not available

0 Kudos
DRI2017
Level 7

I am having the same problem! Can someone please help us with this issue?

0 Kudos
Arun833
Level 7

I have the same problem! I'm in Guyana and Disney+ lists us as one of the supported countries as well as other Caribbean/Latin American countries yet I'm not seeing the channel on my Roku Express (3900 series) Disney listed my device specifically as one of the supported devices so that shouldn't be a problem. I've tried other devices (web and mobile app) and the service is available here and functioning well so i expected to see the channel on my Roku. The roku site pointed me to the "Movies & TV" section as well as the "Recommended" section and I still didn't find the channel. Is there any information on when the channel will be added to RokuList of countries where Disney+ is availableList of countries where Disney+ is available

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Arun833,

Thanks for the post.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
wannawatchrk
Level 7

Hi Mary; 

Thank you for your reply to @Arun833, but as I prior posted, I am located very much in the USA. Disney+ is definitely available in the USA as it's main domicile territory.  I have my TCL Roku TV and according to their site, I go to the protocol of searching for Disney+ in Movies and Television, not there. I look under Apps, no go, I look under family, I even do a spelled search for it. No go and no dice. Why doesn't is show up as an added channel or App for me, when I am very much sitting in the USA?  - Best, Ron 

0 Kudos
i4dat
Level 7

Hi Mary, 

Got a few quick questions.

Are you saying we need to contact Disney+ and inform them that they need to let their partner know to remove the restrictions of their channel off of those new countries that Disney themselves have given the go ahead to allow signup and streaming of the Disney+ service?

Also, is it normal for a Streaming service to allow access to their content, but not let their partners know to unblock the channel to facilitate use of that product?

Or is there a time frame that needs to elapse before word gets to Roku?

Thanks for your time and any help you can offer.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @wannawatchrk,

Thanks for the message.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address's reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Otherwise, please reach out to our accounts team directly. They can be contacted at http://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option for "Accounts and Billing." This should resolve the error you are seeing.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos