Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlechelt
Level 8

Disney+ not displaying UltraHD & HDR even though I have proper Roku device

Jump to solution
Hi all. Got Disney+. Looks great. But even though I have 4K Roku, proper TV, and cables, UltraHD/HDR stuff only show as HD. How to get full experience?
UHD works with other channels, like Prime.
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Disney+ not displaying UltraHD & HDR even though I have proper Roku device

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out. Have you contacted Disney+ support to report the issue and request additional help? You can reach their team here: https://help.disneyplus.com

A few more questions to help better understand what you are seeing: 

- Which specific titles are you trying to play that you are not seeing 4K HDR format available? 

- In Settings>Display type, what display resolution is your device detecting? 

We are aware of an issue in where if your device detects '4K HDR 30Hz', the Disney+ channel will currently deliver standard 4K resolution without HDR. If your TV supports it, try changing the display resolution to 4K HDR 60Hz in Settings>Display type to receive 4K HDR content.

We're working with the channel partner in order to address this issue in the future. We don't have any ETA, but please feel free to follow up with Disney+ support for any additional questions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Dlock09
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks, this worked! On 2019 Vizio M-Series, enabled what they call "Full UHD" on the HDMI port. (Enables 4K HDR 60Hz support) 

0 Kudos
69 Replies
wrn-el
Level 7

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue with my Roku Premier+. Plays back 4k HDR no problem with Prime and Vudu. Will NOT play back 4K on Disney +.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out. Have you contacted Disney+ support to report the issue and request additional help? You can reach their team here: https://help.disneyplus.com

A few more questions to help better understand what you are seeing: 

- Which specific titles are you trying to play that you are not seeing 4K HDR format available? 

- In Settings>Display type, what display resolution is your device detecting? 

We are aware of an issue in where if your device detects '4K HDR 30Hz', the Disney+ channel will currently deliver standard 4K resolution without HDR. If your TV supports it, try changing the display resolution to 4K HDR 60Hz in Settings>Display type to receive 4K HDR content.

We're working with the channel partner in order to address this issue in the future. We don't have any ETA, but please feel free to follow up with Disney+ support for any additional questions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

wrn-el
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hi Tanner,
Have not contacted D+ support yet. Mandalorian and Star Wars films show HD available but not 4K. My Display is set to 4K HDR 30hz.
Somnia
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution
I have a Roku 4k streaming stick, why can't I view Disney+ items in UHD? The all works, but no 4k.
ObstrucT
Level 7

Jump to solution
Same with me. I have an ultra and no uhd options, though I do see Atmos on a few videos. Uhd works fine on my TV app, but would prefer to use Roku.
hstein27
Level 8

Jump to solution

My projector only supports 4k HDR at 30Hz, and I leave the Roku display option set to Auto. DC Universe and Amazon Prime both do 4k HDR 30hz without issue. Disney+ says HD for shows listed under 4k on the app's home screen. I've tried Mandalorian, Endgame and Captain Marvel. If I explicitly set Roku to 4k HDR at 30Hz, it upscales everything in Disney+ and other apps to 4k 30Hz SDR, but DCU and Amazon still show HDR content properly when it's playing such content. Not much point in having the Roku doing the upsampling so I set it back to Auto display setting.

I wonder if anyone with a 4k HDR 60Hz display actually are getting Disney+ HDR. Shouldn't each individual program/movie info screen show Ultra HD instead of just HD? On my Samsung Galaxy S9, Avengers Endgame is listed as HDR10/HD which is really weird.

0 Kudos
hstein27
Level 8

Jump to solution
Small update...enabled auto refresh rate setting and now Disney+ plays Mandalorian at 4k 24Hz SDR.
rezblue
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have this problem as well with Premiere + and it's not the Disney app.

My post from another thread:

"This is EXACTLY what is happening to me. I have the Premiere Plus, that used to work perfect, I could select 4K HDR 60Hz from the display type and everything would work. I'm assuming after some update it defaulted to using auto detect and now it only finds 1080p. When Roku runs the diagnostic during display type selection it gives a green checkmark to everything being 4k HDR compliant. If I try 4k HDR 60 it will go to a black screen, then my Tv's blue screen, then back to Roku saying it couldnt make a connection at 4K HDR.

I was able to force it to display 4K HDR 60 by pressing enter on the remote at the right time while the screen was blank. Once the picture finally reappeared it would be set to 4k HDR 60, but once I shut Roku off and come back i'm greeted with a "can't display selected resolution, reverting to previous selection"

Strange thing is that the "previous resolution" is "Auto Detect at 4k HDR 60" from when it used to work but my TV's display will show the signal as being 1080p. HDR still works though. When I do force the Roku to 4k HDR 60, my TV DOES display as 4k.       Force 4k=TV display at 4k. Auto detect 4k=TV displays at 1080p 

I have a Sony xbr65x900f with all my devices plugged into an Onkyo TX-NR676 AV Receiver via Amazon highspeed HDMI 4k cables."

0 Kudos
Southmad
Level 7

Disney+ HDR issue (Roku Ultra 4660x)

Jump to solution

I was able to successfully add the channel and the HDR and 4K options are visible in each movie. However when I start the streaming a kind of buffering issue prevents the movie to play back. I can see and hear pieces of it but the screen remains freeze like.

The only option for me was to switch to 4K (without HDR), but by doing this the content is only reproduced as HD (not even 4k).

I believe this is an issue affecting my Roku Ultra 4660x as I was able to successfully watch the same content in a Roku TV in both 4k and HDR.

@RokuTannerD I see you mention a known issue when  the device detects a 4k 30hz TV and that can be solved by manually set to 60hz, however this did not work for me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos