Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Re: Disney + ???? Are we able to access Disney + on Roku?

Jump to solution

Even if had the app, when open it all it says is wait for Nov 12 to start streaming. So wait for tomorrow.

0 Kudos
ewe
Level 7

Re: Disney + ???? Are we able to access Disney + on Roku?

Jump to solution

That's not my question.

0 Kudos
ross12804
Level 7

Any luck on the disney + app yet?

Jump to solution

Anyone heard when they are going to roll out the disney + app?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Any luck on the disney + app yet?

Jump to solution

I read in another forum that they aren't rolling the channel out until later today. Why? Who knows... 

Here's the chat that the person had with support. No idea what Time Zone they are referring to. The time stamp is in UTC, and it's past 9PM UTC now. That link to the channel still isn't live yet. 

Chat started: 2019-11-11 06:02 PM UTC
(06:02:51 PM) Xxxxxxx: When will the Disney+ app be available for my Ultra (2018). I searched again this morning and could not find it.
(06:06:39 PM) *** Sarah joined the chat ***
(06:06:49 PM) Sarah: Hi Xxxxxxx!
(06:06:58 PM) Sarah: Thank you for contacting Roku Support!
(06:07:55 PM) Xxxxxxx: Hi
(06:08:14 PM) Xxxxxxx: When will the Disney+ app be available for my Ultra (2018). I searched again this morning and could not find it.
(06:11:28 PM) Xxxxxxx: hello, anyone there?
(06:11:53 PM) Sarah: Yes, we are still connected.
(06:12:01 PM) Sarah: I am checking it for you.
(06:12:07 PM) Xxxxxxx: THX
(06:14:42 PM) Sarah: Thank you for the patience.
(06:14:52 PM) Xxxxxxx: NP
(06:14:56 PM) Sarah: May I know the device model number?
(06:15:07 PM) Xxxxxxx: 2018 Ultra
(06:15:39 PM) Xxxxxxx: 4660X
(06:17:41 PM) Sarah: Alright.
It can take up to 24 hours for the channel to appear in search on devices. You can add the channel from the direct web channelstore link here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/291097
(06:18:14 PM) Xxxxxxx: that link doesnt work for me
(06:18:57 PM) Xxxxxxx: says page not found
(06:24:52 PM) Xxxxxxx: still there ?
(06:27:18 PM) Sarah: Yes, we are still connected.
I request you to try this channel launch at 9 pm.
(06:28:04 PM) Xxxxxxx: Really? You're going to make everyone wait until the content goes live and have everyone try to download the app at the same time?
(06:32:29 PM) Sarah: We request you to wait until the 9 pm, Xxxxxxx.
(06:33:07 PM) Xxxxxxx: OK

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
MartyGras
Level 7

Re: Disney+

Jump to solution
Will it be available at 12:01am on the 12th
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

Problem is, Midnight in what time zone? Someone on the AVS Forum had a chat with Roku Support, and was told it would be available at 9 PM. The person was located in Texas, but 9 PM there isn't Midnight Eastern, and is only 7 PM Pacific. So we really don't know exactly when the channel will be available. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Disney Channel & Roku

Jump to solution

@JMM1 Disney+ will be a standalone channel on the Roku platform. For more information, please feel free to visit the Disney+ site here: https://preview.disneyplus.com/

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
gnonny11
Level 9

Jump to solution

http://nukethefridge.com/so-what-time-do-we-start-watching-heres-all-the-info-you-need-to-start-stre... 

From the above:

"Here are the times we can expect to see all that Disney goodness! 3 am PST, 4 am MST, 5 am, CST, and 6 am EST. So for those of us on the west coast that’s 3 am with a much more manageable 6 am on the east coast. Additionally, if you’ve been frantically looking to downlad the app on your TV and smart device, don’t fret, the app won’t be availabe till launch time. "

There are unsubstantiated rumors that we could see the streaming service launch at 12 am-midnight (11/12/2019).

Countdown to launch on the Disney+ site confirms this info.

Roku 4230x - 1080HD//SonyBravia55 TV-4K//Ethernet
Favorite/most used channels:Netflix, Hulu, DC Universe, Disney+, PlutoTV, Criterion, Prime, Starz
0 Kudos
JASONSSTORM
Level 8

Jump to solution
I wish they would let us download the channel but put up a countdown clock on it. Though I'm sure they're are afraid that someone will backdoor hack it
0 Kudos
Harleymoto7
Level 7

Re: Disney+ Channel - Coming Soon!

Jump to solution
It's out and Roku still don't have it!!! Roku this is how you lose people dropping the ball on the biggest thing to happen in years. 😠😠🤯
0 Kudos