Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kfsudda
Level 7

Error code 31 unable to verify location

Jump to solution
When trying to start watching the Disney plus app, it will only say error code 31, unable to verify location and to turn location settings on. How do I do that? Can’t find it anywhere. We have a Roku express plus.
Lgodave
Level 9

Re: Disney Plus error adding channel

Jump to solution
Yeah it was/is confusing that a Device no longer being supported by Roku with software Updates (after 11/15/2019) apparently can run Disney+ (in my case not trouble free resulting in sometimes having it randomly freeze and cause a reboot of the unit).
So if Roku users want Disney+ to work on these currently "unsupported" devices we'll need to tell Disney it is possible. As I've already mentioned earlier I was/am hopeful that Disney would have released newer updates to its App/Channel... Hopefully making it more compatible with older hardware.
Unfortunately, how long/if that is possible is more up to Disney then Roku. Yet with support for other Apps/Channels soon to be expiring it is only a short order of time before it isn't worth the further investment...
0 Kudos
Teannie
Level 7

Jump to solution
My rocky had the app and it kept crashing while trying to use it. Now it just disappeared from my channels and when I go to redownload it, I’m having the same issue as you. Did you find a fix?
0 Kudos
Masternippon
Level 7

Jump to solution
This is funny, roku device Roku 2 XD 3050X Streaming Player, I was able to add disney plus, log in and actually played a movie last night but today the channel is gone and not able to add it, and now isn't supported, wth.
Highlighted
Scetto
Level 7

Where did Disney Plus go?

Jump to solution

Why did Disney Plus disappear off my ROKU?

It was working fine yesterday and then the channel disappeared today. Now the channel can not be located or added.

Re: Where did Disney Plus go?

Jump to solution
Ditto, hoping someone can chime in with a solution.

Jump to solution
I had an issue adding the disneyvplus channel. Then the next day it appeared and i was able to sign in. However everything i try to play crashes the roku. I have a roku 2 xs. It won't play anything on disney plus.
tally
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD where can I message you that info? I don't want to post my serial # and disney email on a public page .  This was suppose to be under the " license protect error" message when i hit play on a movie/tvshow, not sure how it got misdirected to here.  

Ken01
Level 8

Jump to solution

The same with us, incredibly frustrating and Roku seems oblivious.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Baconbouquets wrote:
I had an issue adding the disneyvplus channel. Then the next day it appeared and i was able to sign in. However everything i try to play crashes the roku. I have a roku 2 xs. It won't play anything on disney plus.

The 2 XS (model 3100) is not supported by Disney+. For some reason some of the unsupported players were able to install the channel, but it either doesn't work (such as yours) or it did work but was removed from their player overnight. But bottom line is your player isn't supported by Disney. You would have to talk with them as to why, but Roku no longer supports the 3100 and it will no longer receive OS updates. That particular player is 8 years old, and quite underpowered compared to newer models. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos