Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DirecTV Go channel not available in Chile?

Jump to solution

Hi There

I'm trying to add the "DirecTV Go" channel (available for Chile, Argentina, Peru and Colombia) on my Roku Express+ bought from the Roku store in Chile, and activated with my local account.

https://www.directvgo.com/cl/faq/configuraciones/configuracion-roku/-como-configuro-directv-go-en-un...

However  the channel is not showing up in search. While searching via Google, it shows up but it is greyed out, so not able to add it either.

directvgo.png

https://channelstore.roku.com/es-cl/details/259958/directv-go 

Is it a problem with my account? Anyone else in Argentina, Chile, Colombia or Peru able to add the channel correctly?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: DirecTV Go channel not available in Chile?

Jump to solution

The issue was in effect something with my account, hence I'm writing with a new screen name since the forum does not let me sign in with my previous screen name. Anyway, closed the account, created a new account this time on my local network so the correct region was picked up, and then restored my Roku, linked again and now I can see the right channels for my region, including DirecTV Go! Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

That usually means it's not available in your country on Roku devices. It might be available in Chile on other devices, but DirecTV is the one that has to permit the Roku app to be available there. Roku has no control over where a channel is available.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks, I am suspecting something related to my account but not sure how to check. I created the account in Chile, bought the Roku in Chile via the official channel, and the announcement from both Roku and DirecTV do not mention the channel being restricted to certain Roku hardware models. Trying to get some help from Roku FB channel now. I will also try to create a new account from scratch and re pair de Roku to the new account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

The issue was in effect something with my account, hence I'm writing with a new screen name since the forum does not let me sign in with my previous screen name. Anyway, closed the account, created a new account this time on my local network so the correct region was picked up, and then restored my Roku, linked again and now I can see the right channels for my region, including DirecTV Go! Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Good job!

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos