Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum App going away? C'mon Man!

Jump to solution

Okay. I’m not sure how that impacts the fact that Spectrum decided to no longer support Roku. 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tswmike66
Level 8

Jump to solution

Spectrum TV App Update for Roku Users | Spectrum Support

From the spectrum site... guess it all depends on who's point of view.  either way, I'm not thrilled with either and may be dumping both

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

Jump to solution

@tswmike66 wrote:

Spectrum TV App Update for Roku Users | Spectrum Support

From the spectrum site... guess it all depends on who's point of view.  either way, I'm not thrilled with either and may be dumping both

Its just another carriage dispute (over advertising splits/control, as per usual).  Spectrum wants to pay Roku less/keep more than they were before, Roku wants Spectrum to pay more than they were before, ergo dispute.

Perfectly reasonable to be dissatisfied with both - that's the rational position.

Also demonstrates why its important to have a multiple streaming device strategy (I recommend 3), to cover such things as carriage disputes or bad firmware/app updates, etc.

FWIW, the Spectrum app/service is still available, and still receiving support/updates (current version is 6.5.4) for pre-dispute customers who installed/used the app before mid-December (if it somehow got/gets deleted, you can call them up and they will provide a link to reinstall, assuming verification of your prior install/usage).

StreamerUser

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
chuckster-Dude
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was hoping to switch to the Spectrum Choice streaming package and supplement it with Philo. It would have saved me about $25 a month over Dish but I didn't download the Spectrum app into my Roku prior to the dispute. I'm on hold as to what to do but I hoped the 2 companies would stop their pi$$ing match over pennies and get this resolved. 

0 Kudos
lisaspake
Level 7

Cable App

Jump to solution

I want to download Spectrum so I can do away with the boxes that I have. Is there a way to do this

0 Kudos
Jimbo2u
Level 7

Re: How to get the Spectrum tv app back when it has been deleted from roku stick

Jump to solution

What was wrong with the contract that expired?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Cable App

Jump to solution

@lisaspake wrote:

I want to download Spectrum so I can do away with the boxes that I have. Is there a way to do this

Not at the moment.  Spectrum and Roku have been tied up in negotiations on a carriage agreement for the Spectrum app for Roku for several months now.  When they come to an agreement you'll be able to install and run the Spectrum app on Roku.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
JC12
Level 9

Re: How to reclaim Spectrum app?

Jump to solution

I’ve been waiting for months. I uninstalled by mistake and now to spectrum on all my TVs. Horrible.

0 Kudos
danwgreen
Level 7

Re: Cable App

Jump to solution

I bought the Apple TV box. Spectrum app works great on it! Now I have Apple, Roku and Amazon Fire.

0 Kudos
Pdemmel
Level 7

Second Roku device

Jump to solution

If I add a second device to my account will the spectrum app that I currently have on my account transfer to the second device?

0 Kudos