Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bs6
Level 7

Spectrum TV App

It's shameful that Roku and Spectrum are no longer doing business. Believe me, I will be happy to dump Roku in favor of any other platform that will work. Very disappointed.

atc98092
Level 21

Re: Spectrum TV App

Don't be so quick to blame Roku. The same thing happens all the time with cable companies. Look at how often a local station or network has been dropped from cable/satellite companies, and only returns after "considerable" negotiations. Don't forget that it's in Spectrum's best interest to not offer their channel on Roku devices. That way more people have to rent a cable box from them for channel access. 

Does Roku want payment for carrying the Spectrum? Certainly. Selling players alone doesn't provide enough revenue. We buy a player and don't need to replace it for years. That doesn't provide a steady stream of income to keep the lights on. All the major providers (Netflix, Prime Video, HBO, etc.) have agreements that provides Roku with income. I can't fault Roku for wanting Spectrum to agree to the same. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
AURick2001
Level 9

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Why is it taking this long to get the app back up on Roku? This is going on 2 months. Now if I have had the Spectrum app in the past(used it for like a month back last year) can I use the code to get it? I was considering coming back to Spectrum. Am I out of luck?

Thank you,

Rick

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Rick, from what has been posted, you should qualify for receiving the private channel code from Spectrum. But you'll have to get it from them. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
PrplHayes
Level 9

Yes, AURICK, you have to call the 800 Spectrum number and explain the situation and they send you a link that reestablishes the app.

0 Kudos
dwinstonstl
Level 7

Roku integrated tv delay

I've have my Sharp tv with integrated Roku 2 years and it's been fine.  Lately when using the Spectrum app there's a big delay between this tv and another tv with Roku showing the same channel.  This isn't the 1-2 second delay that's been addressed here.  This is ore more like 30 seconds. Nothing's changed on my network.  I've done soft reset and cleared cache but no difference.

Any thoughts?

Maybe it's not the tv but the Spectrum app?    

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Roku integrated tv delay

@dwinstonstl 

While that is an exceptionally large delay between the two sets, it's not unheard of for two streaming devices to not be in complete sync. I've had a church service on YouTube streaming here at home on more than one TV, and I have seen a many second delay between the two. I don't think there's anything wrong with the TV. As to the channel itself, it's possible but overall not something Spectrum would likely spend any time checking. As long as both are streaming normally, that's all they're likely to care about. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Jenlette
Level 7

Re: Disney+ keeps kicking me out to home screen& Roku not carrying Spectrum Stream anymore.

Spectrum and Roku couldn't come up with a deal so Roku no longer Supports Spectrum which sucks because I still have the Spectrum App and I can't watch it on my tv

0 Kudos
madivan912
Level 7

Re: Spectrum and TCL Roku TV

That's exactly what happened to me. Had existing Roku account with Spectrum app working juat fine. Lonked new TCL TV and now it doesn't work at all. This is ridiculous consumers have to suffer cause big boys can't come to a deal.

0 Kudos
markeby
Level 7

Re: SPECTRUM!!

If Spectrum doesn't return to Roku, there will be customers lost and right now I cannot recommend anyone to purchase Roku devices because Spectrum cannot be installed.

0 Kudos