Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Custom pictures for video files

How to display custom pictures for each individual video files when listed on Roku Media player USB drive instead of the same generic icon for all of my video files?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Custom pictures for video files

Interesting question.

So youre suggesting to make the icon more useful by displaying a

snapshot of whatever the Movie or Video is.

I think thats an excellent Feature request.

I made it for you HERE. 

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

That's usually the job of the server streaming the video. Of course, if you're playing them from a USB drive, there is no server. But I believe that RMP will recognize a JPG image that is named to match the video and use that for the icon. But the image file and media file names must be identical. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 16

Well I dont know if it will fly but if the software could somehow take a snippet

from the video it would certainly be more appealing than the mundane Icons

it gets defaulted to.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos