Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kats
Level 7

Re: History Channel stops and goes back to series episode screen

Jump to solution

Watching Curse of Oak Island now.  The problem is most certainly NOT fixed.  It's been a month for heavens sake. 

0 Kudos
MVDLCS
Level 7

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

I just bought Roku Premier mine does extols the same thing. I’m not sure what else Tanner needs as you explained the problem perfectly.

0 Kudos
Heathermh13
Level 7

Re: Constantly clicking resume on History channel

Jump to solution

I'd also like to add that this is a ongoing problem with JUST the History channel. I've reinstalled the app on my tv twice now, adjusted my privacy settings as well, and double checked for system updates and nothing is fixing this issue. 

I believe that this clearly is an issue with the app itself and either Roku and History Channel or both need to work on getting this fixed. It's been happening since January.

dbfl8706
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Stick+ and my first episode on History Channel is experiencing this exact issue. It does not appear fixed.

0 Kudos
jman16984
Level 7

Jump to solution

It’s frustrating to see this type of reply to customer issues.  As customers we buy the platform for the flexibility that you advertise.  Your partnerships to host the apps for specific channels.  If I’m responsible to troubleshoot the app issues.  Do I get a cut for any subscriptions paid for through Roku for channel subscriptions?  After all, I’m directly responsible now for it’s functionality.

I will be replacing my Roku’s at this point.  It’s not my job to report these issues to the app provider.  In the meantime you can send my subscription checks to the address on file.  I’ll hold my breath waiting for payment.

almostblind
Level 9

Jump to solution

I keep checking the History Channel and A&E apps to see if they have come out with a new version. It is still 2.9 Mar. 9, 202. I don't think the problem will be fixed anytime soon. I did contact A&E Networks with my complaint and they wrote back and said that they would forward me email to their tech team. HOLDING MY BREATH! Yeah, right.

0 Kudos
Julaws4661
Level 9

Jump to solution

EXACTLY!

0 Kudos
ggreeson
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ordered the Apple TV this afternoon.  This is sad.

AZStreamMan
Level 8

Jump to solution

Welp, it's gone from bad to weird. Starting last night, watching on History app, and the first commercial played followed by going right back to playing the episode. Then it kicked me back to the "continue the episode" selection at the next one, and the second run if the commercials was the "watch 1 interactive commercial" choice (and did that for most of the rest of the night)

When I started watching tonight, at the first commercial it played nothing, just kicked me back out. It's doing the one and only interactive commercial. At the second commercial, it just continued the episode with no commercial.

This **bleep** is freaking me out a bit. LOL

MVDLCS
Level 7

Jump to solution

It seems all Roku devices are having the exact same issue with shows on the history app. Roku and A&E would have no problem duplicating the problem but neither seem interested in solving the problem. Played the exact same episodes in the History app on my Apple TV worked PERFECTLY. Looking in to returning Roku Premier and getting another Apple device. 

0 Kudos