Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Connecting subscribed channels to new ROKU player

I replaced a defective ROKU player today with a new ROKU premiere.  It is connected and working.  The device shows up in my ROKU account but I have several streaming channels that I subscribed through ROKU and they are not connecting.  How do I get them to work?  I have the Icons on my screen but they are asking me to sign in through the channels themselves (Sundance and Acorn being two of them) but if I plug in my ROKU account information there, it tells me that no such account exists.  ROKU does not answer its phones and there is no information on their website how to fix this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Connecting subscribed channels to new ROKU player

@Bruiser1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are using channels on a new Roku device, you may need to sign in with your each channel's subscription login information.

If you are having issues authenticating those channels with that channel's login information, you will need contact the channel provider themselves to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have tried that but it won't accept my information,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

It sounds like your subscriptions are with those channels directly, or via some other subscription (cabletsatellite/etc), not through the Roku. In such a case the channel won't know anything about your Roku credentials. You must sign in with the account credentials you used when you originally subscribed. Note that if your subscription was via a cable/satellite/whatever account that has been canceled, you won't be able to access the channel unless you establish a new subscription.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Good thought but I did subscribe to #ACORN through ROKU. ACORN would not accept my login credentials.  I managed to get to a human being by phone at ROKU (I pushed the button for Billing Issues who transferred me to a tech person).  They told me that they were only an intermediary with ACORN and all others, merely collecting money.  So, you are correct. 

Unfortunately, ACORN has been worthless in helping.  Ultimately, ROKU agreed to allow me to cancel my subscription to ACORN. ROKU  has to still run a few traps with ACORN which they said may take a couple of weeks before I get my refund.  After that, I can subscribe to ACORN as a new customer.  It took about four or five hours to get to this resolution

0 Kudos