Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Classic Reel is unwatchable on Roku Ultra due to stuttering, jerky video

Jump to solution

I have a very solid 65 Mbps internet connection and all apps, even at 4k look fantastic via my Roku Ultra. However, nearly every show we watch on Classic Reel has video that is so choppy and jerky that we can't stand to watch it. I am using the newest Roku Ultra, so processing speed is not the issue. I can only assume that the issue is from Classic Reel. If I can't resolve this, I'll have to drop it, which would be a bummer.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Classic Reel is unwatchable on Roku Ultra due to stuttering, jerky video

Jump to solution

@Kensonic 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue is still not resolved, you'll want to contact Classic Reel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Classic Reel is unwatchable on Roku Ultra due to stuttering, jerky video

Jump to solution

@Kensonic 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue is still not resolved, you'll want to contact Classic Reel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos