Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SailGal
Level 7

Channels removed show up again the next day. How does one permanently remove unwanted ones?

When clicking on any loaded channel to open, on our tv, an error message pops up stating that I have too many channels loaded and I must delete some so there is room for a channel to load. I spent over two hours deleting channels until I was able to load one for viewing again. The next day, the previously deleted channels were back on the tv... and now I could not view anything again. How does one permanently delete channels one does not want from their account? On Roku.com, one can install the channels, but you can't delete them there. On my tv, I delete the unwanted channels, but they all show up again. I don't want to spend two hours everyday deleting channels so I can watch a program. Any suggestions? Help!!!

1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channels removed show up again the next day. How does one permanently remove unwanted ones?

@SailGal 

Thanks for the post.

Couple of things I want to mention:

-Is this the only Roku device linked to your Roku account? Please be aware that if you remove a channel on one device, but if it is added again on another device, the channel will be added to all the Roku devices linked to that Roku account.

-After removing your channels, please make sure to restart your Roku device.

If you are still experiencing issues, please keep us posted and we will be happy to see what else we can recommend.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos