Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Cannot launch Tennis channel

Jump to solution

Trying to launch the Tennis Channel on my Roku Express, which requires going through my cable provider (Ziply). On the activation website, I get a notification that "Your device has been activated. You can now start streaming." However, on the Roku I get the message "You are not authorized to view this content. Try again" HELP!! Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

Re: Cannot launch channel

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for responding. After I posted, I discovered that our tv provider (Ziply) does not carry the Tennis Channel. This was news to me since Frontier (which was recently purchased by Ziply) definitely did carry it. Anyway, I then tried to delete my post but did not see an obvious way to do so.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TeenyHS 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for responding. After I posted, I discovered that our tv provider (Ziply) does not carry the Tennis Channel. This was news to me since Frontier (which was recently purchased by Ziply) definitely did carry it. Anyway, I then tried to delete my post but did not see an obvious way to do so.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Cannot launch Tennis channel Multiple matches in the US open

Jump to solution

I can get into the Tennis channel but when I push the watch channels button it prompts me to register my TV supplier.  Then after I register I get instructions to activate which I do and It replies that I am now activated and free to watch everything.  But when I return to the Tennis channel it's not there.  At one point I had a men's match on from the Open but no others.   Now I can't find that one.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jaypie56 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

same problem isp xfinity/comcast not in list

0 Kudos