Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gamer23
Level 7

Cannot get cable channels with Onn tv

I just got an Onn Roku tv for Christmas. Until then I had a non Roku smart tv and pay for a cable subscription to get the cable channels and shows I like. I used the Roku stick to get things like Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, etc. Even though I have a Roku tv now, I would still like to utilize my cable subscription and switch between the streaming channels and cable. The other TV's in my house are not Roku so I plan on keeping the cable subscription. The issue I'm having is that I cannot get any of the cable channels I pay for to be recognized by the tv. I have factory reset it, checked for and installed any new updates and rescanned many times for my channels. It only picks up on one local station everytime. The cable box is hooked up to the tv through the coaxl cable I have always used but nothing is working. Why can't I utilize all the streaming channels I can get with Roku, but not be able to also see my normal cable channels? Please help it's very frustrating! Thx

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Strega
Level 15

Re: Cannot get cable channels with Onn tv

Is that one local station the station that the cable box is currently tuned to? 

That is to say, the cable boxes that I've used only output one channel at a time (typically on channel 3 and/or on various video connections) and you use the cable box remote to select the channel to watch.

0 Kudos
Gamer23
Level 7

Yes the station we are getting is channel 3 which is the station the box is tuned to but I tried using the cable box remote and doesn't seem to do anything.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Have you checked the batteries in the cable box remote?

0 Kudos
Gamer23
Level 7

I figured it out. I wasn't using the right channel when I was trying to change the channels using the cable remote. Thx for your help!

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Great!  You're welcome!

0 Kudos