Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheygal
Level 7

Can't get Discovery Plus on second Roku device

Jump to solution

We added Discovery Plus to one Roku device but can't get it on a second device.  When we try to Add Channel in the Streaming area, we keep getting a message that says, "Cannot add 'discovery plus'. Error 

Any suggestions on how to load Discovery Plus to this second device?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Can't get Discovery Plus on second Roku device

Jump to solution

@cheygal wrote:

We added Discovery Plus to one Roku device but can't get it on a second device.  When we try to Add Channel in the Streaming area, we keep getting a message that says, "Cannot add 'discovery plus'. Error 

What model and model number Rokus do you have (Settings > System > About will show you)?  Many of the newer channels will not run on older, less capable Roku models and can't be installed there.  I can't find any information on which Roku models Discovery wrote their Discovery+ app to be compatible with. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

@cheygal wrote:

What model and model number Rokus do you have (Settings > System > About will show you)?  Many of the newer channels will not run on older, less capable Roku models and can't be installed there.  I can't find any information on which Roku models Discovery wrote their Discovery+ app to be compatible with. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

cheygal
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you.  What would be do without planned obsolescence???

0 Kudos
Randyiii
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, it adds fine on Roku 3  and Smart Tvs (except Samsung Series 8 UHD)or higher, but not on my Roku 2 box. I could not find it was incompatible on Roku or Discovery + Site.

Rats!

0 Kudos
Poterico2
Level 10

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Randyiii 

The newest Roku 2 is almost 6 years old, and there's an older version that's approaching 8 years. It's entirely possible this channel cannot be installed on older devices. Providers are not required to support all Roku devices with their channels, and many of the newest channels will not work on the older devices. HBO Max and Disney+ are two examples.

Unfortunately, the providers don't make this clear, even when they provide a list of "supported" devices. Disney has some unsupported devices that their supported list includes, but that's partially because Roku reuses device names on players that are released years apart and don't have the same capabilities. I really wish Roku would stop doing that. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos