Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

CBS All Access - Streaming Buffering Failures

HELP .... 

I have had nothing but trouble with CBS All Access and now in the last 2 days it has become the "Streaming / Buffering" where the Voices literally start slowing down like a tape recorder.... ???

I have already done the replace App, reboot, confirm speed (approx. 35-40mps on 5G) 

In the past, the CBS All Access constantly Fails. Now the Voice is Mismatched with the Images and literally keeps bouncing all over the place.  I will get a good image on CBS for about 5-10 minutes and then POOF - It's like watching a Dubbed Chinese Foreign Film

NO Other CHannels have this Issue Smiley Sad(  

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: CBS All Access - Streaming Buffering Failures

@KrisCourtney Thanks for the note here. Sorry to hear about the experience you're running into in that channel. Have you contacted CBS All-Access support yet to report the issue and request additional assistance with the issue you are seeing in their channel? Most channels (apps) on Roku are developer directly by the service provider, and they will often be the best point of contact to assist you further. You can reach CBS All-Access support here: (888) 274-5343 or online at https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/knowledgehome?referer=cbs.com/aa

One thing you might also try would be to see if you have a 'Volume mode' enabled by pressing the * key during playback of content inside the channel. Look for Volume mode in the lefthand menu that appears, and try adjusting the setting or turning it off. If other channels are working correctly, and this issue is only occurring inside that particular channel, then it's likely that the channel developer may need to help address the issue occurring inside their channel. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have the consistent buffering problem with CBS Streaming Channel as well.  Interestingly, this mostly occurs in the evening prime time hours.  I have Verizon FIOS and speedtest shows consistently high speeds all day long.  I believe there is a bandwidth issue somewhere in this loop.  I have a ROKU 2S.  I don't know if this is related to the older processor in the ROKU?   I have no issues whatsoever with NETFLIX which I find interesting.

I have been very happy with my ROKU 2S over the years.  I would hate to buy a newer ROKU and find this buffering  problem persists.

Cheers!  Alan

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@RoryBaurealis 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku 2XS is a much older device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Having issues also and it is just CBS, no other channel has any problems. when it goes to commercial at end of commercial it just shuts down and have to relaunch cbs

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Tatt_Too 

Thanks for the information.

For troubleshooting that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact CBS All Access support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach CBS All Access support here: https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/knowledgehome?referer=cbs.com/aa

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

CBS All Access is a hot mess. Your problem likely has nothing to do with Roku - I've been dealing with the same annoyance streaming directly from the website. No matter what browser, what device, or what wifi, my content stutters and sputters along. Ridiculous. Like others here mention, I don't have this problem with Hulu, Netflix, or Amz Prime Video. CBS is just really far behind the technology curve. The buffering/stuttering is so bad that I had to cancel. 

0 Kudos