Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveman
Level 8

BBC Iplayer has changed since update a week ago.

Roku 3900EU

Vers 9.4.0 build 4190-51. Uptime 5 days 17hrs (presume that's when the update happened).

iPlayers pink progress bar no longer shows how far through a programme you are (ie. 'progress'...).

Eg. instead of 03:48/31:00 it shows 03:48/Infinity:Nan, this is clearly an error. 

This I've only noticed this week, so assume it's related to the update.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
HHGTTG
Level 7

Re: BBC Iplayer has changed since update a week ago.

@steveman wrote:

Roku 3900EU

Vers 9.4.0 build 4190-51. Uptime 5 days 17hrs (presume that's when the update happened).

iPlayers pink progress bar no longer shows how far through a programme you are (ie. 'progress'...).

Eg. instead of 03:48/31:00 it shows 03:48/Infinity:Nan, this is clearly an error. 

This I've only noticed this week, so assume it's related to the update.

I have noticed this too in the last week or so. I have not done any update on iPlayer and presume it does not update automatically? It's most annoying not to see the timeline progress bar any longer and makes this App less intuitive to use.

0 Kudos
steveman
Level 8

I've noticed too iPlayer sometimes doesn't resume properly - instead jumps to the end of the programme and starts counting down to the next. Going back out and in again generally seems to fix this. Wasn't awar that you couold update individual apps in Roku?

0 Kudos
HHGTTG
Level 7

@steveman wrote:

I've noticed too iPlayer sometimes doesn't resume properly - instead jumps to the end of the programme and starts counting down to the next. Going back out and in again generally seems to fix this. Wasn't awar that you couold update individual apps in Roku?

Theoretically yes one can. Just highlight the App then press the Star (Asterisk) button on the remote and this puts up a menu where 'Update' is mentioned. 

I

0 Kudos
davesch
Level 8

I'm getting the same issue. I also have a 3930EU and the problem does not appear on that.

0 Kudos
Phi_W
Level 7

I have a 3900EU and a 4200X and it's happening on both of them. The Infinity/NaN progress thing is annoying but the most annoying bit is that the next episode in a series now doesn't start, it loads at 0:00/Infinity but doesn't play until you press Play/OK.

0 Kudos
HHGTTG
Level 7

@Phi_W wrote:

I have a 3900EU and a 4200X and it's happening on both of them. The Infinity/NaN progress thing is annoying but the most annoying bit is that the next episode in a series now doesn't start, it loads at 0:00/Infinity but doesn't play until you press Play/OK.

Same here on Roku Express. It spoils the essence of Iplayer to be honest with you. 

0 Kudos
Hannahwhtly
Level 7

I have the same issue. Programme length in iPlayer is shown as infinity: NaN and if I try to resume a programme it takes me to the end credits. Very annoying. Both Roku and iPlayer software up to date. I'm using Roku 3990EU- Roku Express.

0 Kudos
steveman
Level 8

Had a reply from BBC iPlayer saying they're aware and they and Roku are looking into it.