Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malaak
Level 7

Apps doesn't open

Hi 

All of sudden Roya TV app starts to not open although I installed more than 2 months

I tried, remove channel, reinstall the channel and factory reset also but not opened yet still me give for 1 minute to loading then return to homepage 

Model 8815X-roku tv

Serial number YK003U727645(0AR05372645)

Software version 9.4.0 build 4187-AL

Issue ID 45-450-761

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ChiefJulian
Level 7

Channels not opening

Some of the channels I have as of this week are not opening. Specifically HBO, Al jeez.., Philo and Sky News. They just open and close after a couple of seconds. I deleted rebooted and reinstalled and updated all the software and still the same fail scenario. 

0 Kudos
Malcolmp
Level 7

All Channels Connecting Intermittently or Not At All

I have two Rokus that I've had for a few years. Starting today, both of them are having problems connecting to channels. The channels either load intermittently, not all all, or very slowly and timeout. This is true of all channels - Sling, Hulu, Prime Video, Netflix, etc. Even when they connect, within a few seconds, they disconnect.

I've tried resetting the Rokus, resetting my router, deleting and re-adding channels. The problem only happens on the Rokus, I have no trouble connecting to Netflix, for example, on my iPad or PC.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Malcolmp
Level 7

Re: All Channels Connecting Intermittently or Not At All

After a few hours, the problem has gone away. I can only conclude that something changed at Roku's end, Maybe it was a server issue.

0 Kudos
Sweetdrizzy
Level 7

Re: Apps won't open

Hello, 

I was wondering if any of these tips work for your Roku? I'm having the same issue. It's alot of apps that are just loading. Won't open. I keep having to remove it from the USB to just be able to get it working back to home screen. Nothing works none of the buttons or anything while it's trying to load an channel app. Smh

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Apps doesn't open

@Malaak 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Channels not opening

@ChiefJulian @Sweetdrizzy 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DBottFl
Level 8

YouTube TV, Hulu, Amazon Prime not working on multiple Roku Streaming and Roku Streaming + devices over the past 30 days. Have gone back and forth with ISP which seemed to fix the issue for the last week. I am not getting 15-30 mbps internet speeds which should be more than sufficient.

Netflix still works but I Started having problems again 2 days ago with the other apps. I bought an Apple TV today to test, all apps work fine. I have 5 Roku streaming sticks and like the platform but will continue to switch devices to other platforms if this cannot be resolved.

0 Kudos
ChiefJulian
Level 7

Hi @RokuDanny-R Danny please find below as requested:

Device model: 3810X - Roku streaming stick+
Serial #: YH0094444033
Device ID: C13949444033
Software OS: 9.4.0 build 4190-50

The issue occurs on a number of specific channels: Aljazeera( 2.1 build 21), Disney Plus (1.10 build 2020110-200), HBO, Philo (1.34 build 7), A/Prime and Sky News. They all worked before.

Tracker ID for Aljazeera: 33-456-780 for Philo: 33-456-782 for Disney:33-456-783

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ChiefJulian 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos