Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrsGeeB
Level 8

Re: Another Roku "update"?

Jump to solution

Thank you Coppernikle or Danny for the factory reset info it did work.

0 Kudos
Jombee29
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video No Longer Works

Jump to solution

Model 3910X with Red/White/Yellow cables connected to the tv. Symptoms showed up soon after Oct 1.

0 Kudos
flowerpower
Level 9

Jump to solution

You wrote: If you are an Amazon Prime member, the video streaming costs you nothing. You are paying for free shipping, often in two, one or even same day delivery. Video and music streaming is a "freebee" that Amazon includes with Prime.

I disagree because I pay for the Prime membership for the video content and consider the shipping aspect as an added freebie.  They need to fix this because I'm not buying a new TV just to satisfy the A/V output on the Roku.

0 Kudos
honeybe
Level 7

Re: PRIME WILL NOT LOAD

Jump to solution

Same issue, tried the same things. Roku Express no longer eligible for support.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@flowerpower wrote:

You wrote: If you are an Amazon Prime member, the video streaming costs you nothing. You are paying for free shipping, often in two, one or even same day delivery. Video and music streaming is a "freebee" that Amazon includes with Prime.

I disagree because I pay for the Prime membership for the video content and consider the shipping aspect as an added freebie.  They need to fix this because I'm not buying a new TV just to satisfy the A/V output on the Roku.

Prime streaming came after Prime shipping, but I can see your perspective, and that's fine. But I have to tell you that using the analog connections as you are is only are is only providing standard definition video and basic stereo audio. You're missing a much better experience with HD video. You really ought to consider a new TV. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
FAN1970
Level 7

Jump to solution

Different perspective though. My mother who is in a home and all she has is an analog tv and a Roku Express plus, which i hooked up before wasnt able to go to the home. She has Amazon prime strictly for streaming. Because of lockdown at home I couldnt bring her a new TV even if they would allow(home furnishes TV) so she is just out of luck and phone calls do nothing. I have same issue in one room but I have work arounds that she doesnt.

0 Kudos
aromkee
Level 7

Re: Another Roku "update"?

Jump to solution

I did the factory reset three times in a row and Prime Video worked for two days then went down again. I have since tried the factory reset again and no luck this time. How many times did you do the factory reset?

0 Kudos
OkieInCO
Level 9

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Hey, @RokuDanny-R , it looks like the factory reset "solution" isn't working for everyone, or isn't working anymore. Any update on a solution from Roku's end, yet? As mentioned in this string, and other strings about Prime Video functionality, it looks like this issue is isolated to those with Express+ units connected via composite/RCA cables.

flowerpower
Level 9

Jump to solution

"Prime streaming came after Prime shipping, but I can see your perspective, and that's fine. But I have to tell you that using the analog connections as you are is only are is only providing standard definition video and basic stereo audio. You're missing a much better experience with HD video. You really ought to consider a new TV. "

Do you work for Amazon or what?  I don't think customers care which service came first. For those choosing a streaming service, there is Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc..., with or without the shipping benefits, and that's what we are paying for.   As for the quality of video, I absolutley realize there is a difference but to be honest, I have a pre-HDTV (Enhanced Digital) flatscreen that supports 480p so it's good enough for me. I paid $2000 for it in 2005 and I will continue to use it until it breaks. I don't believe in constantly upgrading my technology and playing that game.  It works.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Amazon Prime stopped working yesterday, 10/2 on my Roku Express+. ???

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I currently do not have an update regarding the issue you are experiencing. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator