Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wander73
Level 9

Re: Amazon Prime buffering

Jump to solution

Maybe you need to upgrade to roku 4.   try that.  remember it's not the price it's the value.   

0 Kudos
Katzen
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Every other channel via Roku or that I have subscribed to work very well with excellent quality. Except 'included with Amazon Prime'. I went through all that with no success. Still trying to find a way to contact Amazon to complain and ask them to provide an option for streaming it at a slower speed - the SD option. Sad to find out I am not alone in this issue, but feel better that it's not just me. A solution should not be this difficult for Amazon.

0 Kudos
rexd21
Level 7

Jump to solution

This seems to be a problem that has existed for years, so I do not expect anything I say to be original. I also have doubts that any solution will be forthcoming. I am using a Roku Ultra device and a UHD TV. My download speed is between 25 and 30 Mbps. I have tried all the solutions which have been offered and just finished turning off the show I was watching on Prime Video because of the frustration of continuous buffering. I enjoy other benefits from my Amazon Prime membership which prevent me from cancelling my membership (as much as I would like to, just out of principle). So, basically I am venting and not feeling any better about this situation. I have already attempted to address this problem with Amazon and will continue to do that, also. 

0 Kudos
RPetrin
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. I haven't watched many shows on Prime lately, so the issue hasn't been as annoying to me recently. I agree about cancelling Prim on principle, but I haven't done so either Smiley Wink And do know that this is an on-going and known problem, and I also don't expect a resolution. One day, I'll buy a Smart TV and maybe then my troubles will vanish! 

0 Kudos
rexd21
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. I had hoped for, but not expected, a reply or possibly a solution from Roku. Obviously, that didn't happen. Over the last two weeks, I have used Amazon Prime Video very little. The few times I did ended in frustration over the consistent buffering. I have discovered that other sources do buffer some but to a much lesser extent. Movies and shows from YouTube and the Roku Channel also have some buffering. This makes me wonder if the problem is not with Roku. I am tempted to try a different streaming device, but I am not sure what to choose. It's sad that Roku doesn't monitor and possibly reply to these forums. I guess there is no incentive for them to do so.  

0 Kudos
Hundrdproof
Level 8

Jump to solution

Believe it or not, my husband received a ROKU sound bar and since installing that, we don’t have buffering issues on Disney or Amazon or Britbox. It must be the cheap ROKU express which can’t handle the bandwidth.  Disappointing but at least resolved. 

rexd21
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. I am using the Roku Ultra, which is top or near top of the line.

0 Kudos
PSUHammer
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have a few newer TCL Roku TVs and Amazon is really bad with stuttering.  I have a full 100mbps Ethernet connection to the TV with Fios GB Internet.

I use an Nvidia Shield TV in my main media room and Android has no issues.  My Galaxy phone app also plays flawlessly.

There is bad mojo with Roku Amazon.

0 Kudos
pcelcer
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime buffering (Fixed it)

Jump to solution

That's not really a fix you just lowered the bit rate of the app. Most people these days have 1080 - 4k.

0 Kudos
MrDanO
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime buffering (Fixed it)

Jump to solution

And your comment lends nothing to the conversation. I never said it would be the fix for everyone. I posted what worked for me in case it would help anyone else with mismatched resolution for THEIR TV. That's what this forum is for. I'm well aware not everyone has the older resolution. Thank you for pointing out the obvious though.

0 Kudos