Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Amazon Prime Video

When I click on the Amazon Prime Video App,  it blinks like it is going to open the app, then goes back to the Roku home screen. Never had an issue playing on it before. My device is registered with the Amazon Prime account. I have update and restarted my Roku, and it still is not working.😤

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Amazon Prime Video

@Jrmiley2004 Thanks for the note here. Try the following steps in order:

1. Remove the Prime Video channel from the Roku home screen. 

2. Restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. 

3. Once your device starts up again, add the channel back and log in once more. 

Let us know how it goes from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My Roku is doing the same thing with amazon prime video app and none of the other apps.  I already did all the steps you had listed x2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@barchkent 

Thanks for the note.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime Video directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Amazon Prime Video channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos