Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Amazon Prime Video Login Issue

Jump to solution

Yes, this procedure solved the issue - for one day only!  The next morning, Amazon Prime when accessed asked for signon and password. As reported by others, Prime is the only streaming service doing this. Hulu, Netflix, MhZ, Acorn and Britbox work just fine. Is it up to the customer to decide which company has a problem here - Amazon or Roku? Can't the companies get together and solve the problem?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I tried this, and it worked - but only for one day. The next day I tried to access Prime, it requested that I sign on to Prime with my password and enter the code appearing on the tv screen. Is this a problem with Prime or is it a problem with Roku? Is it really up to the customer to determine this? Both Amazon and Roku employ sophisticated programmers who should be readily able to fix this problem. IT SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY TO SIGN ON TO MY PRIME ACCOUNT EACH DAY THAT I ACCESS PRIME USING MY ROKU! PLEASE FIX THIS ON YOUR END! 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@pm1003 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did you get this solved?  I have the same problem.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Problem is it wont open for me  to logout. Loads to 100% then freezes with the loading message staying displayed. It wont even let me delete channel. And everytime i try to launch it roku totally freezes where I have to unplug and reboot to do anything at all. All other channels are working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I need to talk to someone to help with my problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have lost access to my prime account and can’t login

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Donut 

Thanks for the information.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your device to see if that resolves the issue?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Pamacmh 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's account information, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Today It won't even load the Prime app.

0 Kudos