Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Amazon Prime Video Login Issue

Jump to solution

Like others I've seen, my Amazon Prime no longer works. I've tried reinstalling the app. Now it doesn't know I've got a Prime account. I've also restarted my Roku Express.

I've looked for 20 minutes to find a human to answer my question since the other postings I've seen haven't done it. 
Does Roku not have any human answering phones?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@NealF Thanks for the note. It sounds like the channel need to be re-authorized using your current, valid Amazon Prime subscription. 

Try these steps in order: 

1. Launch the Amazon Prime Video channel, go to the channel's settings and sign out of your Amazon Prime account. 

2. Remove the Amazon Prime Video channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'.

3. Restart your device from Settings>System>System restart 

4. Once your device restarts, add the Amazon Prime Video Channel back again. Go through the process to sign in using your current. valid Amazon Prime account credentials. 

If you need more help from there, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

66 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Amazon Prime Video Login Issue

Jump to solution

@NealF 

Thanks for the inquiry.

After you removed the Prime Video channel, did you restart your device before adding it back again? Once the channel is installed again, did you login to your Prime account?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Is there a human to ask a support question?

Jump to solution

Well? Is there a human to ask a support question?

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Is there a human to ask a support question?

Jump to solution

Good question.

I haven't found any yet.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@NealF Thanks for the note. It sounds like the channel need to be re-authorized using your current, valid Amazon Prime subscription. 

Try these steps in order: 

1. Launch the Amazon Prime Video channel, go to the channel's settings and sign out of your Amazon Prime account. 

2. Remove the Amazon Prime Video channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'.

3. Restart your device from Settings>System>System restart 

4. Once your device restarts, add the Amazon Prime Video Channel back again. Go through the process to sign in using your current. valid Amazon Prime account credentials. 

If you need more help from there, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

OK. Tried everything that was suggested.

I worked fine for about 5 minutes. Then the rebuffering started again. Then the window telling me about the buffering problem. Then out of sync.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Tried it. Worked for 5 minutes. Then the problem kicked in again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

So is this an Amazon issue or a Roku issue?

So far I can't get a solution and Roku's support has no human to contact.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes. Did all that and it worked for 5 minutes then same problem. Doesn't happen on Netflix.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@NealF  Thanks for following up here. If the same issue isn't occurring in any other channels on your Roku device, I would recommend following up directly with Amazon Prime support to report the issue, and request additional help. Content delivery is managed by each channel provider within their channels, including the content delivery mechanisms that are used to stream content inside the channel. The channel provider would be able to best assist with these types of issues. You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html

Please keep us posted from there if there any other questions we can help answer! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos