Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kwscott13
Level 8

Adult Swim App opens and crashes

The Adult Swim app opens and crashes right away. I have removed it, shut down, updated the Roku etc. Nothing has worked. When it is removed and added back, it asks you to agree to the terms of service, then crashes. Otherwise it just crashes right away. Ideas? 

9 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Adult Swim App opens and crashes

@kwscott13 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

If removing the channel, restarting your device and adding the channel back doesn't resolve the issue, we would recommend reaching out to Adult Swim directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach them here: https://www.adultswim.com/footer/contact/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tim99
Level 7

I see the same thing, did you get a response from Adult Swim?

EDIT: I suspect this is memory/storage related. I forgot to order a microsd card for a new roku ultra 2019 I just bought and on this device it fails. Adult Swim seems to work fine on my other rokus that have microsd.

EDIT 2: Turns out it was not storage related. Still crashes. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kwscott13
Level 8

I have not heard back. I am not sure what to do about the storage issue if its a smart TV with a roku built in? We also don't have anything stored on it (i.e. no cloud etc). I am going to reach out again (I need my Rick and Morty!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tim99
Level 7

Turns out my theory was wrong, I put in a microsd card and Adult Swim still crashes the same as you described. 

So for me Adult Swim works on Ultra 2018 but not Ultra 2019. 

I'll contact them as well, please post back if you get a response and I'll do the same. 

EDIT: Now it doesn't work on my 2018 Roku either.  Must have updated, this is nuts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kwscott13
Level 8

Deal! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tim99
Level 7

Is your ISP Frontier?

There are a few people on reddit that have this issue and a common thread is Frontier. 

@kwscott13 wrote:

Deal! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kwscott13
Level 8

Interesting. yes, we use Frontier. I still have not heard back from Adult Swim. Did those threads have any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have the same issue and on Frontier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Same problem. Frontier login. The worst part is I wouldn’t mind removing the login and just watching the free stuff, but there’s no way to log out without opening the app. I’ve already contacted adult swim and frontier communications support team but haven’t heard back. 

0 Kudos