Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

AT&T WatchTV

I have a cellular plan that includes access to content via the AT&T WatchTV app.

Is the AT&T WatchTV app available on ROKU?

if not, Will it be in the future?

17 Replies
Level 19

Re: AT&T WatchTV

AT&T WatchTV is not compatible with Roku, Android TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, Samsung Smart TV, VIZIO Smart TV, and LG Smart TV

(Source: https://thestreamable.com/live-tv-streaming/att-watchtv)

So it appears AT&T has not provided Roku with an app for their channel.  Whether there will be one in the future is a question that must be addressed to AT&T.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Level 8

I just recently noticed that the AT&T WatchTV channel appears to be back in the store, at least on the web:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/232091/at-and-t-watchtv

I installed it, but it is not appearing on my home screen on my device. I also can't find it by searching the Channel store on the device itself. I think maybe it's either not supposed to be on the web, or maybe was posted too early, or some other issue? Can anyone else get it to at least appear on their device or fully functioning? I've been messaging Roku Support on Twitter but it hasn't panned out.

Level 7

I’m having the same problem. On the Roku website it says installed but the channel isn’t showing up on the TV lineup. 

Honestly, what good is this service if most people can’t pull it up easily on their TVs like literally all of the other services? I don’t watch tv on my tiny cell screen and I’m not in the mood to hunt for technical “fixes.”

Level 8

Glad to hear someone else is having the same issue with seeing the channel on the store but it not appearing on your device. I understand there has been some trouble between Roku and AT&T, and that's a shame but it's fine. The thing that bugs me is that the channel appears to be available but isn't working, without explanation. The Roku support team on Twitter completely misunderstood the problem I'm having and totally blew me off, no longer responding to my tweets explaining the issue very clearly. They just completely shrugged it off and told me to contact AT&T. Oh well, I guess the channel's not going to work. For what it's worth, I also have an Apple TV in another room in our house and the AT&T WatchTV channel app works perfectly on that.

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@chipocrite @Ishmoo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact AT&T support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 8

To the staff of Roku, the program we are experiencing is that the WatchTV does not show after we install it through the Roku website.  Yet it claims to have been installed.  As others have already expressed here.

Our issue is with the Roku device not showing the supposedly “installed” channel.  

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@IvanDomzet 

Thanks for the clarification.

What Roku device model are you trying to watch this channel on? Please be aware that a channel will only show on the Roku device if the channel provider supports that Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 8

Hi Danny, thanks for the response and sorry if my explanation wasn't clear enough. I can confirm I'm having the same problem as described by IvanDomzet — I installed the AT&T WatchTV app from the web and it seems to be installed but it is not appearing on my device. My device is a "Roku Premiere (3920 series)." Please let me know if that sheds any light on the issue, thank you.

0 Kudos

That’s a total BS reply from Roku. If you advertise that a channel is available but in reality it’s not, why should customers have to chase AT&T about it? Get your act together and sort it out yourselves. Otherwise it amounts to false advertising. If you know that it only works on SOME of your devices, then let us know which ones. 

0 Kudos