Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

AT&T TV app issue

I have a Roku on three TVs and subscribed to AT&T TV (not to confuse with AT&T TV NOW).  One of them has an old Roku Streaming Stick, the other a new Roku Streaming Stick+ and the last one a new Roku Ultra.  I can launch the AT&T TV without any issue with the old Roku Streaming Stick.  However, even though the app shows AT&T TV (not AT&T TV NOW) on the two new Roku units, it will try to launch AT&T TV NOW (it will first displays a screen with the ATT logo and then a screen with AT&T TV NOW) instead of AT&T TV and will not go anywhere.  I should be getting a screen to login to the AT&T TV service.  I have tried to update the apps several times without success.  Please help me out before I return the two new units.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: AT&T TV app issue

@new4now 

Thanks for the post.

For each of your devices, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

All units have software version 9.3.0. build 4194-xx. The old Roku unit (2018) which is the only one correctly accessing AT&T TV has version 9.3.0. build 4194-55, the new non-working have -49, -50.

I'm subscribed to AT&T TV, not AT&T TV NOW.

The AT&T TV app in the old and new Roku units show Version 3.21 b 2420100 Sep 29 2020.

I have installed and removed the app in the new units to no avail. It seems to me that the only version of AT&T TV in these units is the NOW version. Looking at the app you will see AT&T TV logo but once you launch it, the next screen will show AT&T TV NOW followed by a screen showing this message:
"Unfortunately, there's an issue. This channel is not part of your package. Please upgrade your subscription" with no options but to exit.

All the units tested were on the same network.

What is funny to me is the fact that the "old" unit build 4194-55 did not behave like the new ones, it displayed AT&T TV (without the NOW) and proceeded with the AT&T TV login screen like it was supposed to.  Does the different software build have something to do with the issue?  Why is the app on the new units launching AT&T TV Now instead of AT&T TV?

Please advise. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@new4now 

Thanks for the information.

Can you please provide us the following information for each of your Roku devices that you are experiencing this issue with:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-summary of what you are experiencing with each of the Roku devices

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Danny,

I'm afraid it is already too late.  I have returned all the Roku units.  Two weeks ago I submitted a support ticket and heard back from someone in Vietnam with nothing but excuses.  I can't believe that no one has taken the time to help me.  I have moved forward and joined the Amazon Fire TV crowd.

You are the only person asking for extra information albeit too late.

Thanks.
0 Kudos