Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

AMC Theatres on Demand and HereTV Channels won't load

Jump to solution

I added the AMC Theatres on Demand and HereTV channels to my Roku TV and two Roku Premiere players today. The channels work fine on the Roku TV and one of the Premiere players, but on the other Premiere player, on either channel, selecting it simply causes the splash screen to be displayed before it goes back to the Roku home screen. I have tried removing the channels from this player only, restarting it, and re-adding them, but the same thing happens again. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: AMC Theatres on Demand and HereTV Channels won't load

Jump to solution

So, now... after multiple tries at following the suggestions in the link (i.e., restarting, waiting, then restarting and waiting again), and multiple factory resets... everything is now working again, including the two channels mentioned in the subject line, plus Hulu, AppleTV.. and YouTube TV, which had also stopped working. Hard telling what the issue was, but I see the player is now running version 9.3.0, build 4150-91. Perhaps Roku rolled out an update to the new version..? In any case, thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution
Roku is in the midst of rolling out a new version of its operating software. The new version, 9.3.0, seems to be having problems with a number of channels. You can check what version each of your Rokus is running via Settings > System > About.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you. I think you're on to something. I did a little more digging, and even though both players were set up at the same time - the one on which the channels actually load says it is running version 9.2.0 (build 4807-91), while the one where the channels crash is running version 9.3.0 (build 4143-91). I haven't checked yet to see which version the TV is running, but likely 9.2.0. The 9.2.0 player says it was last updated Apr. 23 and last checked for updates on May 12; the 9.3.0 says it was last updated May 5 and last checked for updates on May 12. So, it looks like between Apr. 23 and May 5, the new OS was rolled out which is now causing problems. I guess the question now is, what do we do now? Wait for Roku to roll out another update?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

9.3 has been rolling out longer than that.  They do the rollouts very gradually so if there are problems they don't bring the whole system down at once.  I haven't received the 9.3 update on any of my three devices yet, and they check for updates every day, plus an occasional manual check by me.  It won't bother me if they have a chance to make a couple of revisions before I get mine.

I've noticed a number of my channel apps have updated recently -- maybe they're making adjustments to be more compatible with Roku 9.3.  (fingers crossed) and head problems off at the pass.

Several people with problems after receiving the 9.3.0 update have reported success via the suggestions in this post:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-Streaming-Stick-remote-fails-after-new-system...

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you. Ah, yeah.. makes sense that they do it gradually so the updates don't crash everything. Sadly, though, after following the suggestions in the link you sent, I'm still having the same issue. I made sure to wait WAY more than 10 minutes after rebooting before re-adding the channel, and waited again before trying to load it, but it did the same thing. I wish I could just roll it back to 9.2.0 and keep it there until they get the bugs worked out with the newer version! (Or wait, if I do a factory reset on the player I just bought within the last month, would that maybe work... at least temporarily?)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Add Hulu and AppleTV to the list of channels now acting up, apparently because of this update....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So, now... after multiple tries at following the suggestions in the link (i.e., restarting, waiting, then restarting and waiting again), and multiple factory resets... everything is now working again, including the two channels mentioned in the subject line, plus Hulu, AppleTV.. and YouTube TV, which had also stopped working. Hard telling what the issue was, but I see the player is now running version 9.3.0, build 4150-91. Perhaps Roku rolled out an update to the new version..? In any case, thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Thanks for reporting back.  Gives me some hope that when the update rolls through here that it may be a bit less traumatic.

0 Kudos