Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

2 tvs one has cable other is antenna (with roku) can I still get AMC on my roku?

Jump to solution

I have 2 tvs- one has basic cable (ATT) the other is antenna only. I added the Roku to the antenna tv, works fine, but how can I watch AMC?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 2 tvs one has cable other is antenna (with roku) can I still get AMC on my roku?

Jump to solution

@Harry13 

Thanks for the post.

I was able to find the AMC channel on the Roku Channel Store online here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/12716/amc Please be aware the channel will only be added to the Roku devices that the channel supports.

For more information about how to add a channel, visit our Support page here: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 2 tvs one has cable other is antenna (with roku) can I still get AMC on my roku?

Jump to solution

@Harry13 

Thanks for the post.

I was able to find the AMC channel on the Roku Channel Store online here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/12716/amc Please be aware the channel will only be added to the Roku devices that the channel supports.

For more information about how to add a channel, visit our Support page here: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Harry13 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

yes, I knew that, my question was whether having cable on one tv would allow me to get amc on the other tv with the roku, which is antenna only. The tv with cable is inaccessible to attach the roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Just try it and find out.  Roku devices don't need to be connected to a TV with cable for Roku channels to work.  They're completely independent of each other.  You may need a cable subscription to authenticate certain Roku channels, but that has nothing to do with having to have a cable box connected to the same TV as a Roku.

0 Kudos