Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BH3381
Reel Rookie

When will Matter and Homekit be supported?

We're still waiting for Homekit or Matter support. 

4 REPLIES 4
Revelation2
Reel Rookie

Re: When will Matter and Homekit be supported?

I add my voice to this request. I am just now starting to build my home security system and have started with 3 cameras. So far I think they are great, and it's going very well! But how I decide to spend my next $400-500 could be affected by my desire for Homekit compatibility.

Please seriously make this a reality, and I believe the response from consumers will be far outweigh the investment. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Quasar
Reel Rookie

I don't use Homekit, but it would be awesome if they all worked together through Matter support. There really needs to be broad support for a universally accepted protocol that connects all smart home devices locally like Matter does. 

0 Kudos
simbaa786

You can actually do that. Connect Roku to Homekit.

To do this , Make sure you have a Homekit Compatible Roku Devices.

Models running OS 9.4 and Higher

Models running OS 10.0 and Higher are supported.

If you have that , you can easily add your roku device to homekit.

0 Kudos
BH3381
Reel Rookie

Roku Home devices (cameras and doorbells) are not HomeKit compatible. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.