Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poydum3
Binge Watcher

Roku Smart Home indoor camera issue - error code 90

I bought 4 indoor cameras and installed a couple weeks ago. I'm nearing the end of my 14 day trial. I'm not sure I should pay for the subscription. These have been the biggest headache to keep working. To keep them connected I have to unplug them One or more times a day. I get error code 90 on the app. Am I the only one? Is it something to do with my setup?

25 REPLIES 25
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Home indoor camera issue - error code 90

@Poydum3 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that specific error code, visit our Support page here: What to do if a smart home device is offline or you see error code 90

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Poydum3
Binge Watcher

I've already done that. And I've called and talked to support. They constantly need reset and will maybe make it a few hours, one of them is really bad and won't even make it that long

mcintosh5032
Reel Rookie

These are pure junk and this is the only answer is to factory reset??? I am having the exact same issue and have follow the troubleshooting guide numerous times… Are these really made to have to factory reset every two days? Mine is getting reset every other day due to connection error code 90..

Actual answers would be great!!??

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @mcintosh5032 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with the error code on your Roku Smart Home device.

How far is your Roku Smart Home from your wireless router? Have you already tried rebooting your Roku Smart Home device as well as your wireless network to see if that helps with what you are seeing? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried moving your Roku Smart Home Camera closer to your wireless router to see if the issue occurs?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you should you need further help. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Poydum3
Binge Watcher

Yours make it more than a day? I'm lucky if I can get a few hours after restarting them. They're pretty much useless.

Poydum3
Binge Watcher

I have one 20' from the router. It doesn't have anything to do with distance. It also isn't the internet, I have fiber. My whole house with 6 kids, multiple gaming consoles, gaming PCs, smart phones, tablets, smart tvs, doorbell, other cheap Amazon cameras... All never skip a beat. It's your cameras.

Poydum3
Binge Watcher

Roku, we're still waiting on a solution for this. Any update?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Poydum3 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing with the error code on your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sbishop
Channel Surfer

Yeah, same problem mine worked great the first couple of weeks until I paid a year subscription, now they wont stay on for more than a few hours at a time. I agree they are waste of money.