Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snoz3
Reel Rookie

Roku Indoor Camera Always Detecting Person?

I've had my Roku indoor cameras for a little over two weeks now. I bought them to keep an eye on my pets while away on a vacation. Up until about a day before we left, everything was fine. But now, it keeps detecting EVERYTHING as a person. When the TV shines a light on my couch, it's detected as a person. My cats are more likely to be recognized as a person than a pet. It keeps giving me a heart attack and every morning on my trip I have to go in and review every video labelled "Person" to make sure it was just my cat and not somebody breaking in. Another issue with it is that I wanted to make the siren go off if it detects a person, but I can't because it keeps detecting my cats or the couch as a person and scaring the heck out of my cats for no reason.

I do keep submitting the videos for Roku to learn from them, but I wish there was a way for it to be fixed. If so, please let me know. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
melbaambrose
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Indoor Camera Always Detecting Person?

If you're facing issues with Roku indoor cameras detecting everything as a person, try adjusting camera placement and settings, ensuring the latest firmware is installed, and contacting Roku support for assistance. Consider temporarily disabling the siren feature to avoid unnecessary stress for your pets. For more pet-friendly tips, check out our website, Pet Friendly Picks.

0 Kudos