Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgr
Reel Rookie

Roku 360 SE Indoor camera volume is barely audible

I have the Roku Indoor Camera 360°SE, wired.  When I connect to the camera via the app on my phone, I can barely hear the person on camera and they can barely hear me when I try to talk to them.  I don't hear the alarm / siren at all.  I do not have any issues with audio with my other products: Video Doorbell & Chime SE or Outdoor Camera SE.

I have not yet been contacted by the Roku Support Team.

From similar topics in this community, I have tried posted instructions from Roku with no resolution.  This included: 

-Check if the Roku Smart Home app is up to date.

-Check the firmware for the Roku Camera is up to date.

-Power cycle:

-Unplug and then plug back in your camera.

-Perform a factory reset:

-Before performing this step, you should submit an app log.

-Delete the device from the Roku Smart Home app and set it up again like new.

-Roku Camera:

-If there is a microSD card inserted, remove it.

-With the Roku Camera plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds. This will reset the camera.

-Wait at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize.

-This process can take up to 5 minutes. It's rare, but it's possible.

-The LED status light on the device will change from Solid Red to Flashing Red.

-The device is now ready to be set up again.

Info on my device:

Roku Indoor Camera 360°SE, wired

Model CP1000R

Firmware 3.1.1.2864

Plug in version 2.30.1.6

I am monitoring via my Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U) running Android version 10.  

I purchased and activated in November / December 2022.

I welcome contact from Roku Support as to what can be done to resolve my audio issue.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Roku 360 SE Indoor camera volume is barely audible

Same problem here with the indoor se model. By the looks of what I've found online, this has been a common issue that roku has been unable to fix for about a year now. They're probably just assuming this blunder won't affect they're reputation much. Sad, i love they're streaming devices. I'll be switching to a wired camera and spreading the word on these cameras.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 360 SE Indoor camera volume is barely audible

Hello @jgr 

Thanks for the post regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Camera. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please be aware that I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos