Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlavigne
Channel Surfer

ERROR CODE 20004-Wire-free doorbell will not connect

My Roku wire doorbell & chime SE worked flawlessly for 2 -3 weeks until yesterday morning 2/19/2023).

It apparently stopped working during the night because I can receive no video (yes, I have a subscription for that) either live or recorded. When I tried connecting, it would not connect, saying Failed to connect. Check doorbell internet connection. Error code 20004" and to make sure my wi-fi router, doorbell and chime are all under 30 feet of each other. All 3 are well under 30 feet away from each other, but it still will not connect, no matter what I try. Even took the doorbell off the mount, fully charged it, reset it, my modem/router and the chime. None of that worked.

I finally just removed the device from the app and uninstalled the smart home app and started from scratch, re-installed the app, added the doorbell and chime and that worked.

Now this morning 2/20/2023, again, it does not work and will not connect no matter what I do. I even uninstalled and re-installed the app, won't work.

I am quite aggravated at this point since my 2 Roku TV's and 2 indoor Roku cameras work fine on the same wi-fi network and my modem router is more than adequate to run all my wi-fi required stuff with no issues, so there is no reason for this to not connect to wi-fi considering the doorbell is 10-12 feet from my modem/router, my chime is 10-12 feet from both my doorbell and my modem/router.

I don't want to keep taking my doorbell off the wall and redoing everything, every time this thing fails to connect

Note: my Netgear modem/ router is dual band, 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz. The doorbell is currently and has been connected to 2.4Ghz, but the same issue occurred on 5.0Ghz

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ERROR CODE 20004-Wire-free doorbell will not connect

@rlavigne 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
ofergoren

all of  my wifi connection are  just fine,  but when i go to  watch the  channels    i am getting an error code  could  not  be   reinstalled from the network  please check your  network connection and try again    what  should i do how can i fix it  i need  your help  please  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @ofergoren 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing regarding connectivity with your Roku Smart Home Doorbell.

Have you already tried rebooting your Roku Smart Home Doorbell as well as your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing? In addition, how far is the doorbell from your wireless router?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting should you need further aid.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos