Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatCat2
Streaming Star

Any chance we can have recordings stored for 20 or 30 days??

Jump to solution

I had an old NVR security camera system that ended up dying after almost 5 years of use.  I bought the Roku security camera's because I liked that it had a much wider view and recorded sound, and allowed two way talk.  However, my old system would store recordings for up to 30 days then overwrite the old footage after that time.  Is there any way we could get camera recordings stored for longer on the cloud with Roku devices?  Also, I would love the ability to go on my regular desktop computer and access the cloud with all my recordings to download or view, instead of having to always use the phone app.  I have a subscription with Roku, but it sure seems like for the price these things should be options.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Any chance we can have recordings stored for 20 or 30 days??

Jump to solution

Hi @CatCat2 

Thanks for the inquiry regarding cloud storage of videos with a Roku Smart Home subscription.

Please be aware that video clips are only stored for 14 days. For more information about what is included with a Roku Smart Home subscription, visit our Support page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription

If you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CatCat2 

Thanks for the inquiry regarding cloud storage of videos with a Roku Smart Home subscription.

Please be aware that video clips are only stored for 14 days. For more information about what is included with a Roku Smart Home subscription, visit our Support page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription

If you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CatCat2
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I do have a subscription and I am very aware already that the Roku sub only keeps recordings for up to 14 days.  I just wanted to find out if Roku will eventually extend that time longer?  It would be nice to have the recordings stored longer than such a short period of time.  

Anyway, maybe its something Roku employees can bring up to their higher ups?

0 Kudos