Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmcyPaul
Level 7

Verizon Disney+ Promotion & Roku Subscription Management

I recently received the 12 month subscription for Disney+ through Verizon as a promo for setting up a new account. I already had a Disney+ annual subscription (which was purchased through my Roku in December 2019). While completing the Verizon sign-up, it indicated that my existing Disney+ subscription would "pause", and then restart once the Verizon promo subscription ended. Perfect! However, I just received an email from Disney+ that since my existing subscription was purchased through my Roku (and not directly from Disney), I may need to change my subscription through Roku account to avoid being charged. The only option I have on Roku.com is to cancel my Disney+ membership. Since I've only held the Disney+ subscription 7 months, I don't want to cancel.

My question: Will the annual Disney+ subscription I purchased through Roku "pause" for the next 12 months, and then restart once the Verizon promotion ends? What are my options?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Verizon Disney+ Promotion & Roku Subscription Management

@EmcyPaul 

Thanks for the post.

Subscriptions purchased through Roku Pay are not linked or related to a subscription purchased directly to a channel provider.

If you have more questions regarding your account subscription through the channel provider directly, we would recommend reaching out to their support team. You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Duckogram
Level 7

Re: Verizon Disney+ Promotion & Roku Subscription Management

Clear as mud. Exact same issue looking for a simple direct answer. Do I cancel my Roku monthly subscription or does it pause while Verizon is picking up the tab?

0 Kudos