Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sundance free trail I had for 2 days and canceled but was still charged 59.99

I added the the sundance channel on the 17th or 18th of this month, May for the free 7 day trail. I canceled subscription today the 19th but was already charged the yearly fee of 59.99$. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sundance free trail I had for 2 days and canceled but was still charged 59.99

This is happening to me too.  If you look at other community posts, there are a ton of people who signed up for the free trial but got billed anyway, regardless if they unsubscribed within the trial period.

I Emailed Roku and they were very, very unhelpful.   I called Roku customer support and that was a lot better.  I spoke to someone called Carlos, and he said he can see on his end that I cancelled the day after I signed up and so SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CHARGED.  He has said he'll get a refund issued, but it will take a while for it to be confirmed.

Suggest calling Roku to get this taken care of.  Jeeze, maybe ask for Carlos because he helped me right away! I`m really shocked this is happening to so many people, it`s feels like a scam Smiley Sad   I`ll probably be too scared to do any more "free" trials in the future, that's for sure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: Sundance free trail I had for 2 days and canceled but was still charged 59.99

When you called Roku, where did you find the number? If it was a toll-free number, be aware that Roku doesn't use them, but there are a bunch of scam fake Roku support sites you can find with web searches that do.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Ummm... nope! It was a toll free number and I got it from Roku's website at https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options

The number is a toll-free number too.  Smiley Happy  He was saying things like "I can see you purchased on May 17th, then cancelled on May 18th" so it wasn't a scam, he could see my details on his end too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

@rowkoo_probs wrote:

Ummm... nope! It was a toll free number and I got it from Roku's website at https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options

The number is a toll-free number too.  It's +1 888 621 0891! Smiley Happy  He was saying things like "I can see you purchased on May 17th, then cancelled on May 18th" so it wasn't a scam, he could see my details on his end too.

Can you point me to where this phone number is posted?  All I can find, starting at that link, is a bunch of links sending you to a bewildering round robin of pages but no phone numbers.  I did find one page with a couple of non-toll-free numbers -- wish I'd bothered to record the URL as now I can't find it again.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Happy to help! 

1. Select an issue from the drop-down menu
  2. When the suggested articles appear, click the button underneath that says 'Need more help'
  3. A 'Phone Support' option should appear with the contact phone number appearing below. Smiley Happy 

By the way, I just got an Email from Roku confirming I will be refunded for the Sundance charge! Smiley Happy Yay! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Yaya316 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos