Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Showtime double billed

Roku Dany-R:   That's bull and you know it.  The guy just told you about the ping pong treatment he's experienced, just as I have.  I am being double billed for Showtime and this seems to be a common tactic by Roku.  I'll get to the bottom of this one way or the other!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Showtime double billed

@Holdmedown20 

Thanks for the post.

In regards to being double billed for Showtime, how are you subscribed to the channel? If you are subscribed through Roku Pay, (you are able to see an activate subscription when you log into your Roku account at my.roku.com and click Manage your subscriptions) please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

However, if you do not find any subscriptions in your account, then you most likely subscribed through the channel provider directly and will need to contact Showtime Support for further assistance. You can reach them here: https://help.showtime.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Level 12

Re: Showtime double billed

And its possible that that user could have a subscription through their cable or satellite provider as well as Roku.  If that's the case, it's not Roku's problem.  

0 Kudos
Level 7

Happened to me too Re: Showtime double billed

I think the same thing happened to me.  I subscribed to showtime on Roku during the free trial from the sidebar ad on the home page.  I went to the showtime app and went through the process again accidentally not knowing that this was actually a separate subscription.  I was billed by showtime and roku on the same payment method, same day, same email account, same devices, etc. from May to now and just realized the double billing.  Showtime says they wont do anything. I have a ticket open with Roku for 4 days without a response / update.  I never logged into the roku app showtime a single time as I never knew it existed.  How was someone to know the trial offered on the roku home page didn't use the showtime app??? I hope Roky will correct the billing, but I'm doubtful.  Showtime gets most of the money for both accounts, so it really was on them to correct the issue.  They have been non-responsive about it.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Re: Happened to me too Re: Showtime double billed

This is another example of buyer beware. Read the fine print before subscribing to anything! 

0 Kudos