Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hailey22
Level 7

Row8 Charged my account but I can’t play the movie

Jump to solution

I tried renting a movie on row8 and they charged my account for it then I went to play it they played an add after that it said there was an error and couldn’t play the movie I pressed ok and it took me back where they want me to pay for the movie again 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Charged my account but I can’t play the movie

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you made the purchase through the channel provider directly, you'll want to contact row8 support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

If you made the purchase through Roku Pay, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I assume you paid through Roku?  See if the purchase shows up at https://my.roku.com/account/purchases

Did you try to contact Row8?

I wouldn't be too happy about paying for something and still having to put up with an ad.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Talk47
Level 7

Row8 charges today

Jump to solution

we’ve had Roku for a few years now . Couldn’t be happier leaving cable behind . Yesterday, I ordered a movie using Row8 . I didn’t know Roku was connected to this ? My question is that our 3..99 movie rental wasn’t the only charge on my bank account today. What is the 19.50 charge I received at the same time we rented our movie ?
I never authorized this nor bought the movie . Just a 48 hour rental ? I need a refund ASAP but sounds like I’ll have some hoops to jump through first ?? 

0 Kudos
cfabricante
Level 7

Row8 Billing error

Jump to solution

Item Name Developer   Price

ROW8 HD Movie Rental ROW8   $5.99

This invoice reflects recent activity on your Roku account. Purchases are usually charged to your payment method on file within twenty four hours.

Did you know you can view your purchase history and manage subscription purchases online? Visit Your Account.

Invoice Total: $5.99

Payment: Credit Card $5.99
New Balance: $0.00
Customer Support
Web: go.roku.com/accounthelp
0 Kudos
cfabricante
Level 7

Re: Billing error

Jump to solution

I purchased the movie Fatima For $3.99 and was offered $2 credit being the first time purchase however that did not happen.  Also my understanding was I can watch it for sometime again for no charge but instead I was charged $5.99.  Please fix this mistake or else I will just cancel Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you made the purchase through the channel provider directly, you'll want to contact row8 support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

If you made the purchase through Roku Pay, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos