Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
amironenko
Level 7

Roku Premiere disappeared from the list of streaming devices

Hi. I used to stream Youtube videos from my phone or macbook to Roku. A few weeks ago my Roku Premiere disappeared from the list of streaming devices. I basically don't see the stream button in Youtube neither on my phone, nor on my Macbook (Youtube site opened in Chrome). Why could this happen? Is it a Youtube change or a Roku issue?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Roku Premiere disappeared from the list of streaming devices

You may have to re-link your YouTube account to allow streaming to your Roku.. also, make sure your YouTube channel on the Roku is logged into your YouTube account.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
amironenko
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
You may have to re-link your YouTube account to allow streaming to your Roku.. also, make sure your YouTube channel on the Roku is logged into your YouTube account.

Interestingly, I have never logged into Youtube application on Roku, because I don't want my family to deal with my youtube suggestions and playlists. And it perfectly worked for 3 years.
Why do you think I should be logged in in the app?
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

"amironenko" wrote:
"jeffrok" wrote:

Interestingly, I have never logged into Youtube application on Roku, because I don't want my family to deal with my youtube suggestions and playlists. And it perfectly worked for 3 years.

I don't know if you need to, but I swear at one point, inhad to link my Roku to YouTube in order to cast to it from my device.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
amironenko
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
"amironenko" wrote:
"jeffrok" wrote:

I don't know if you need to, but I swear at one point, inhad to link my Roku to YouTube in order to cast to it from my device.

Yeah, I linked the roku app with my phone, and now it's working. Thanks for your advice.
However, I noticed some weird effects like, if I restart my Google Wifi mesh, for a few minutes after the restart I could cast to roku without logging it. And a few minutes later the Cast button disappeared. I think it could be caused by the Google Wifi firmware update.
0 Kudos