Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Merge Accounts

Jump to solution

I no longer have access to the email address I set up my Roku on. I set up another account for my new Roku player and quickly realized now I don’t have access to the channels I am paying for. I tried to change the email address but now I can’t as I already have an account using that email address. Is there a way to merge the accounts? What is the next step to be able to change all of my subscriptions to my new email address?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 21

Re: Merge Accounts

Jump to solution

You shouldn't need access to the old email account to log into your Roku account that used that email address as long as you remember the password.  You could then change the email address there (I think), but you might have to close the new account you set up.  If you can't remember the password then you'll probably have to go the "contact us" route:  https://support.roku.com/contactus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 21

Jump to solution

You shouldn't need access to the old email account to log into your Roku account that used that email address as long as you remember the password.  You could then change the email address there (I think), but you might have to close the new account you set up.  If you can't remember the password then you'll probably have to go the "contact us" route:  https://support.roku.com/contactus

View solution in original post

Level 19

Jump to solution

@renojim wrote:

Agreed.  You don't need access to the email address listed on your Roku account in order to log in.  At that point the old email address is just a login name, but you do need to know your password because the lost password help can only send email to the email address associated with that account. 

If you DO get logged in I can confirm you can update the email address on the account, as I did it myself a couple of months ago.  You won't be able to change to the address you used for the second account, though, unless you first log into THAT account and cancel it.  Changing the email address on an account will update the address shown for your account via Settings > System > About and it will also update the address you enter when logging into your Roku account.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi