Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Keep getting billed for subscriptions I don’t have

@PennyLemon 

Thanks for the post.

Did you recently have a subscription to a free trial? We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up.

If you still need assistance, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 8

I have had no subscriptions for a free trial and in this particular case, I was neither notified nor was I given any choice to cancel or modify. This is without a doubt fraud and it needs to be addressed immediately. I have contacted the account/billing support team with no response. 

Thank you,
Penny

0 Kudos
Level 8

I can see how this easily happens. In my case, however, the charge showed up on statements by both the official Roku site, which I am on now, and billed to my payment method as the same recipient that I have used to authorize other legit subscriptions. So, this tells me it's an internal Roku issue. Since I am the only person with access to my end it would seem to be rather urgent in house issue that Roku should probably start to take very seriously. 

Penny

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@PennyLemon 

Thanks for the information.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

we activated 4 sticks so maybe something like that happened. I am being charged $12.98 on my credit card every month since then.  When I check my Roku account online it shows no purchases.  The phone number on the credit card charge is for Roku because when I call it I am directed to sign on to Roku. Any suggestions for stopping these charges?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@bouncie01 

Thanks for the post.

If you would like us to take a look at your account and find the issue, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

When I tried to contact customer support, I got an error message saying my  e mail account is invalid, but it's the same e mail account I use for Roku. I'm trying to talk to someone about canceled subscriptions,  still being billed. It shows up on my bank statement,  but roku doesn't  show, I have that subscription.  I tried calling Roku, they have a recording saying "due to the situation Roku is not accepting calls at this time." 

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mworkman 

Thanks for the post.

When trying to contact customer support, are you sure you are logging into your Roku account that matches your Roku device? Have you verified the Roku account by looking into Settings > System > About?

In addition, have you tried contacting our customer support using the same credentials that you are using to access the Community?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

I was experiencing this issue except I DID sign up for a free trial and kept the service but I no longer wanted it.  On my Roku account, there were no active subscriptions.  I tried logging on the channel's website, who said I didn't have an account with them.  I double-checked my bank account, and it said the charge was from Roku as well. (Upon looking further, I found out I had 2 active Roku accounts (because we have 2 roku devices) - hence, why I couldn't see any active subscriptions.  I found this out by going to "system" -> About.)

By following the link provided by "Danny a Roku moderator", I found a heading about managing subscriptions through the Roku device itself.  By following the directions (going to home, finding the app, and clicking the pressing the * option button), I found where I could cancel my subscription.

I realize this does NOT help anyone who has no idea what their subscription actually is, especially if it IS fraud, but my original Google search about "not having an active subscription but being charged" led me to this thread.  I was able to cancel in a few clicks of the remote. 

I feel like if you made a subscription through the Roku device itself, it should show up on your Roku account.  That part is NOT user-friendly. There should be a VERY EASY-TO-FIND place on your Roku device that says what apps have subscriptions and how much you are paying.  

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hello. Thank you, for your reply. I have tried everything,  to keep from being charged. I did a free trial, for 7 days, on Disney plus. That was last year. I canceled,  before the 7 days was up, but I have still been getting billed for it, for a year. I even called Disney, and they have no record of my subscription.  I can't  access the channel, but I get billed for it, each month. I have tried talking to Roku customer service, live, but I get an error message saying my e mail is invalid.  I use the same e mail, to log in to my roku account on my t.v, and for the roku website, so how is that even possible? I have tried everything to solve this issue. Danny from roku, messaged me back, one time, I explained all of this, and haven't heard anything back from him; yet. This is so aggravating.  Thank you, for your input, and trying to help, but I have already tried what you suggested,  and got nowhere.

0 Kudos