Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Amandaville
Level 7

How to remotely reset a Roku device?

Jump to solution

I just sold my Roku and forgot to do a factory reset.  How do I wipe my account and data remotely?  I no longer have physical access to the device.  Will "UNLINK" in MY LINKED DEVICES remove all of my account data from the Roku?   Will it remove the connection to my Youtube account, my Plex account, etc?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to remotely reset a Roku device?

Jump to solution

@Amandaville 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can unlink the device from your Roku account which removes that device from your account. 

For more information about unlinking a device from your account, visit our Support page here: How do I remove a Roku® streaming device from my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Amandaville 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can unlink the device from your Roku account which removes that device from your account. 

For more information about unlinking a device from your account, visit our Support page here: How do I remove a Roku® streaming device from my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Amandaville
Level 7

Jump to solution

I understand that unlink removes the device from my Roku account, but does that also remove the connection to my YouTube account and my Plex accounts that were signed in on that device?  Can they still access my other logged in services after unlinking the device from Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Amandaville
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Amandaville 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

You did not answer my question.  You simply stated what I already know.  I explained in my initial post that I know how to unlink the device.  My question is whether the process of unlinking the device from my Roku account will also unlink the device from my other accounts like YouTube and Plex.  Will the user still be able to access my YouTube account and my Plex account?  That was the question.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Amandaville 

Thanks for the note.

Once you have unlinked the device, the channels (and your logins) that were on that device will no longer be visible as there is no longer an account linked to the device. The user that has the device will need to sign onto a Roku account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ridiculous
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't Unlink my Roku device from Acct. bec. It isn't listed as being linked. But was set up a month ago and was streaming.  Please advise bec. I returned the device without factory reset and want to make sure no one can charge on it.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ridiculous 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you no longer have the device, you simply need to unlink the device from your Roku account.

For more information about how to unlink a Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I remove a Roku® streaming device from my Roku account?

If you do not see your device on your account, please make sure that you are using the correct Roku account that has the device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos